XGworks isn't dead yet. According to Yamaha UK it's their top selling software. It's just that they've stopped developing it. However, it's a good match for the 740 and almost as good for the 2000. If you want my updates for the 740 and 2000 you can find them on Jorgen's website at home7.inet.tele.dk/js/musik/740pages/ . Click on PSR links/Software and look for XGworks and XG Editor. You get access to the whole synth except a few new effects on the 2000. There are two update zip files, mainly because XGworks has two sets of instrument definitions. The 2000 updates are not a bad match for the Tyros but obviously some stuff will be missing. If you want to do your own updates download mine just to see what's involved.

Squeak, I'm just working on the 550 instrument definitions for you but I have a question. The manual states that the midi program change numbers run from 1 to 128 whereas every other PSR I've looked at they run from 0 to 127. Could you confirm this by sending a few program changes via XGworks to the 550 and seeing which instruments are selected.

I'm using XGworks almost exclusively now and find it does everything I would like. I miss the CAL language from Cakewalk but I can always dump a midi file and load it into Cakewalk if necessary.

Bryan