Help! Probably the most frustrating thing about performing on all the arranger keyboards I've owned (Roland RA800, Technics KN5000, Yamaha PSR2000 & Tyros) is their universal lack of LCD screen viewability when performing outdoors in the sunlight. This problem occurs equally on both a color or monochrome LCD screen. Even adjusting the contrast and the screen's tilt angle often does not sufficiently improve the screen's visability. The problem is often so bad that I have had to improvise a screen hood (made of cardboard) in attempt to keep away the excess outdoor light. Implementing a jerry rigged card board hood is both unattractive and makes navigating the LCD screen more cumbersome. I always make sure that I'm situated in the shade or under an umbrella or tent, but even here, the ambient outdoor ultraviolent light greatly reduces screen viewability.

I'm wondering if there might be a new improved viewing screen design type recently developed (and which could be incorporated in the next generation of arranger keyboards) ,which would allow good viewability both indoors and outdoors? I had heard (rumor only?) that some more recent laptop computers & palm devices incorporate screens specially designed to be easily viewed outdoors in sunlight. Does anybody know about these and how these work? I'm wondering what the prospects are for future arranger keyboard screen to incorporate this as well.

Does anybody else experience the same screen visibabilty frustrations when performing outdoors? I welcome feedback and comments. Thanks.

Scott