Workstations allow you to make custom sets like the registrations on the PSR's... The way some work, is that you'll have X amount of slots for saving user set ups.. These on workstations are called "performances) This is a really cool feature too because the performances have 16 parts! My old Yamaha EX was really cool with performances.. You had I think 128 user performances and each performance held 16 different sounds, and the keyboard had 16 dedicated buttons to select each sound within a performance too. However, there are limitations.. With the PSR's you can save basically EVERYTHING to a user registration, including all the DSP settings like insert effects.. When you use a budget synth that only allows the use of (1) insert effect that performacne can only have (1) voice that you select out of the 16 that can use the insert effect.. I'm not sure if the Motif has changed this, but it was this way a few years ago...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.