Personal opinion:
(Disclaimer: I can read and write English better than millions of Greeks over here, and maybe a few Americans as well but it is NOT my mother tongue, so, beforehand and to avoid confusion and flames, I declare that I am not writing things to criticize anyone, nor I am here to bestow wisdom upon people or teach manners. We are all adults here, responsible for our actions)

This is (I believe) the second time since I joined the forum that the flames went so high, the last one was with digitalvision?

From what I have gathered so far, in the forum, there is a certain "circle" of people that have come "closer" together and formed a so called "group".

I see the forum like a set of concentric circles. Some are on the first, some on the second, and so on, some are constantly jumping to and from the 2nd to 3rd and so on. This is not news, it is like a school, or little society thing.

Then of course, people that belong to a circle, are somehow "defending" their position and the position of their fellows in the same circle. That is also something to be expected.

Also, every one here happens to have a different character and different limits, likes and dislikes. Most of the guys here are well beyond my age (33), and naturally their "tolerance" to newbie nuisances, different opinions, or flat out rudeness is a little diminished, because of personal accomplishments and of course, age.

I have found that this forum is one of the best "communities" I had the pleasure to read or participate in in the net, and I am very happy to be a member of it. As I have stated in a post some months ago, this forum renewed my interest in playing, so I am doubly happy.

To the topic, and since this thing came to happen because of SynthGuy's comments on the Logitech speakers, and the reacion of some memebers here, I have to say that:

I didn't very much like SynthGuy's written comments. NOT his opinion, which he has a right to voice, (and was techically right)but the way he presented it.
One thing is to not approve of PC speakers used in a professional situation, and another to completely dismiss the experience of at least 5 people here who not only have used them, but also got paid for their performance with them, and they were so happy using them that they raised from the comforts of their sofas, and wrote the story for others to share. Nor calling people that have raised families playing arrangers "artists performing covers, as a second job" is the proper way to address musicians, regardless of anyones' life story or experience, or accomplishments.

On the other hand, some members here may be a little too thin skinned to maintain control, in such comments as the above. They probably have to employ the "read a second time before reply", or the "read a second time, down some cofee, blurt "so what" and then post" rule.

Why don't everyone take a tiny tiny little step back and look at the "situation" again?

I am perfectly happy lurking and posting from time to time, either to ask, or to voice my opinion, and generally I don't think I am disliked, if something like "dislike" exists in here.
I think others have the same feeling.

So guys, and girls, the beach is clear and the sun is hot. If we all be a little more careful on what we write, tsunamis will never visit this forum again. Surfs on the other side, can be much fun.

Good morning to you, (it is 11.24 am here)and thanks for the patience in reading my comments.

Theodore