Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I see where this is going and that's great info. But i was thinking about the times you think of a songout of the blue and have no idea what style to use to play it on the fly.

Hi cassp

This is a good time to have some good generic styles that cover all the kinds of music you play in your user styles and/or Music Finder.

Combo type styles without a bunch of doo-wah horn backgrounds and other clutter would be the safest.

The styles can be easily edited to do 99.9% of any song you would want to do. It would also make a different way of picking songs for a gig.

One of my favorite approaches is to think what genre and speed will be best for the audience at any particular time. Will it be swing fast, medium or slow. Or will it be a modern song etc.

I think unless you want to make use of all the frills of the styles, that we have about 380 more onboard styles than we need.

I mean really when you think about it, how many basic styles are there that are used almost all the time.

Previously I played drums, and when you think like a drummer would, you can really narrow it down like:

4 Beat
2 Beat
3/4
Latin
8 Beat
16 Beat
Boogie
Shuffle
Disco
Ballad
Rock
6/8
Blues
Funk
50's
Reggae
Tango
Cha Cha
Rhumba
Samba

etc, etc. Anything like this ought to make playing an arranger keyboard easy instead of going through a ton of onboard and external styles.

Scott
www.ScottLMusic.com