Ok .........

The Tyro's was the 1st keyboard I checked out . The Tyro's at this show was 70% complete . Other features will be implemented before release sometime in October or November of this year .

When you see the tyro's ...you immediately see a really nice LCD display . The screen also tilts to different angles for personal applications .
The keyboard has 61 keys and weighs about 26lbs .
Yamaha offers an optional speaker package that includes a subwoofer . I think the speaker's look and sound very good .However ,
I do not think the Tyro's speaker package is as convenient as having onboard speakers with a 61 note arranger.
The last 61 note arranger without speakers was the Korg I-30 (I Think) and sold for around $1800.00. The TYRO's will cost more $$ .

The Tryo's will also have optional hard drive .
THE STYLES
Tyro's offers many improvements over any previos Yamaha keyboard .Guitar simulation within a style has been incorporated ( Ketron has been best at guitar simulation for years IMHO) . Yamaha offers new guitar "unplugged" styles with the Tyro's . If you listen closely ....some styles where born with the PSR740,630 series IMO. Yamaha added some really great gospel/funk/hiphop and dance styles as well .
The one thing I did not like is that the tyro's navigation forces you to utilize a page turn button on the lower left part of the LCD display . You press a style category and the styles would appear next to function buttons (same as PSR9000). But you will have to press the page button to access the multiple of pages offered . It's a little hard to see .
If you own a PSR9000 or 9000pro .....you can press the category button multiple times to access different pages of sounds or styles . If you are in a dark room ....it may be a little hard to see on the tryos .
Fill in buttons , intro's and endings are nicely marked . Grooves + Dynamics are now integrated on the advance "session" styles making many of the styles more active.

I'll be back ... dano

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 01-11-2003).]