Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I have had my PSR-S900 since early June and it has worked perfectly in spite of being played 3-4 hours a day.

I checked with Yamaha Head Office and there seems to be no problems reported here in Canada.

Very disappointing to see this happen...certainly isn't doing Yamaha's reputation any good.

No company wants its customer to end up with a defective product.

Ian

Don't always believe that the manufacturer is telling you the truth. Yamaha knows full well when one of their products has serious build quality or software issues, but letting the consumer know that could be detrimental to their sales. Case in point the PSR 9000 Pro. Yamaha knew that the 9000 Pro's main processor wasn't fast enough to handle all the tasks the keyboard was supposed to do and no amount of software updates could change that. The hardware wasn't upgradeable so there was no possible fix in sight. In the end Yamaha abandoned the 9000 Pro altogether and left users who spent nearly $4K on one hanging with a keyboard that had no support and no possible fix.

Few companies will freely give out information regarding a product, whether it has numerous defects, or if it has software issues. It just doesn't make good business sense for them to be honest. Sad but true!