I own a psr 740, and I really love it. It gets so many nice sounds, and it's so light. The only problem I have with the psr 740 is its lack of expandability regarding styles. If the percussion grooves on your cd rom are wave files, then, the psr 740 cannot play them. If they are midi files or have xg voices, then the keyboard can play them. If you can interface your keyboard with a style program or a sequencing program, you can create new styles from your drum midi files. See the PSR 740 website http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/musik/740pages for more ideas. Unfortunately, the psr 740 only allows three onboard custom styles at one time. To add new ones, you have to load them from disk and bump off the ones you have onboard. The one touch accompaniment buttons do not work with custom styles. You have to manually choose your right hand accompaniment. Thus, for live purposes, the PSR 740 is limited to little more than the 160 styles it comes with plus the three custom styles you might have already loaded. It just takes too long to load new styles in a live setting. It can be done, but it takes your attention away from the audience for a good 15 seconds.