This is a quote from another topic about the Yamaha PSR-E403. You can find additinal info , if you do a search on it.

Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
After looking around and trying to decide which "hold-me-over" board to buy I went with the new Yamaha E403. I am a keyboard hobbiest, not a pro. But I do have a fascination for keyboards, so in the past I have had all the major boards from Technics, Roland, and Yamaha. Right now, I have a 3 yr. old Roland digital piano (KR7), which I suppose, could be described as a full-blown 88-key VA5 in oak. I have no portable board at this time. I am waiting for the successor to the PSR3000.

All that to say I "needed" something cheap to cure my 'portable arranger keyboard withdrawal' after selling my PSR3000 to pay taxes (ouch). Hence, the purchase of the Yamaha E403 (paid $194 off the shelf, including a free power converter)
This is in no way a pro board, but in my opinion, any pro could make this board sound great. It's got just enough good stuff on it to make it sound fabulous for the price. Here are some of the cool and useable features:

- 61 'Yamaha' keys w/touch response
- Pitch bend
- 116 panel voices, 12 drum kits, 361 XGlite voices, 15 arpeggio voices
-"Sweet" Voices: tenor sax, sop sax, trumpet, flute, pan flute
- "Cool" Voices: Galaxy el. piano, organ, rotor organ
- Stereo sampled piano (PSR 2100 quality)
- USB to PC
- Arpeggiator! (50 patterns)
- 2 real-time control knobs (reverb, chorus, filter cutoff, filter resonance, attack time, release time, style and arp tempo, style cutoff, style resonance) Yes, you can create and save changes.
- dual, split voice, harmony
- 155 styles (user styles, too) (one intro/ending, 2 variations, auto fill)
- 6 track sequencer
- 32 voice poly
- 30 internal songs, user songs (up to 99)
- Music Database (256 song setups)
- Registration memory (8 banks, 2 types)
- Performance assistant technology
- Yamaha Education Suite
- Outputs: phone/out, DC in, USB, Sustain
- 2 two-way speakers (just OK)
- cool blue backlit screen & orange-glow buttons
- 15 lbs. (without the 6 D batteries)

Things I miss on this board: DSP, mixer, more intros & endings.

For the price, it is outstanding. I have mine connected to a 200 watt amp, 2 Samson Resolv65's, and my little Behringer 1202fx mixer and it sounds real fine.

This (under)$200 board, compared to the PSR3000, which cost nearly 8 times more, is really a bargain and a lot of fun.

Tim

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts