I have an HP computer with Lightscribe and an Epson RX320 printer. I have now made labels in three ways: printing disk labels on a laser printer, using light scribe, and printing on inkjet compatible disks using the Epson.

Lightscribe is cool-looking. Its monochrome, almost like some old engraving. It takes about 20 minutes to print one disk. Lightscribe-compatible disks are much more expensive than regular or inkjet compatible disks.

The Epson of course is full color. It is faster than lightscribe, but still takes a couple of minutes per disk. I use it most of the time when I need to label a disk.

If I have a lot of disks to produce, I print on color-laser compatible labels. For more than one label, this is the fastest way to print and the quality is fine.

One issue in disk labeling is the size of the center margin. The large center holes for CDs and DVDs are a big limitation for disk artwork. With lightscribe you are stuck with this. For inkjet compatible disks, there are some than are writable much closer to the center hold. There are also disk labels that allow you to select a smaller center hole.