Quote:
Originally posted by Tom NL:
[b] 50 Mb doesn't look like a lot, but it's the largest internal memory in any arranger on the market. You can use it in any way you like, hundreds of user programs only take a few MB's. And 50 MB equals about 1.000 midifiles.

Adding the PCMCIA card slot is a clever move in my opinion, because this allows you to use any type of flash memory card. Most of us already have one or more of these cards at home from a digital camera or pocket-pc. You only need the adaptor for your particular card and that costs about $ 10,-

I have a spare 128 Mb CF card for instance. If I had this keyboard it would have a second life and could store lots and lots of user programs and about 2.500 SMF's, if I would ever use that many...

I don't have the luxury of a harddisk in my current arranger but this makes me wonder why anyone would ever need 30 gigabites in a keyboard? Only if you do harddisk MP3 recordings I guess.

The first use of the large HD that would come to my mind would be the use and storage of high quality samples/voices. For instance the Triton extreme uses a Bossendorfer piano patch that consisting of 16Mb. So it wouldn't take too long to fill up 50Mb of storage with a couple of these types of voices. Second use would be to store numerous sets of sequenced arrangements. Third would be wav files. Due to their format they can consume memory.

Thanks for pointing out the PCMCIA slot

Regards;
SCP