Very interesting topic...
How about this?
I e-mailed an ebay seller who claims to be selling a "NEW" tyros for $1600 US...
I asked him if he could get more at this price, as I do not have the do-re-mi at the moment but am expecting it soon, and would gladly pay 1600 for a new tyros....

The scary part is...he has no previous ebay feedback.
He wanted a check/money order.

So I emailed and said I'd prefer paypal for my protection...this is his reply...

Dear Sir,
I am in England right now for a few weeks. This is where the Tyros is located.

The Tyros unit is brand new, unused. The price I ask for it is us$1600 including shipping taxes to your location. If you want me to send it insured I will ask for an extra tax of us$50.

I have 5 units available.
Here is what we can do so we can both be protected:

I am ready to close a deal with you even before the end of the auction if you prove me you are serious. Please inform me if you really want the Tyros and send me your full name and shipping address. If so I will end the auction for you and you can get the item faster.
I will start the shipping and scan the form from UPS and send it to you so you will see that the package is on the way to your location, but I will erase the last digits of the tracking number so you will not be able to take the package without paying for it.
After you receive my e-mail, you will have to send the money using Western Union to my name and location.
After I see that the money are here in England I will release the tracking number, and you will receive the Tyros in just few hours. I will not pick up the money until you get the package and tell me all is ok so a refund is possible any moment.
I am ready to ship.

Please let me know if you agree these terms.
Thanks for your time and understanding.
Regards!

hmmmm.... I just don't know about this one..
What do you guys think?

------------------
The old Newb

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 03-03-2004).]