That's a good point Fran. I too am looking for a 76 Key Arranger. What I should have said was "way back when" when I decided to get a Tyros i.e. almost two years ago now, something like the Pa1X, which has built-in speakers, would have appealed to me far more than a Tyros at the time because of the built-in speakers which are 30Wx2 and 76 keys was not so important to me as it is now.

Plus the Pa1X has a Sampler and Dual Sequencers. And that price of $2,495 for the Pa1X is actually a little less than what I paid for my Tyros two years ago.

The only other thing that might have held me back (beside the weight issue) is the paltry Polyphony at 62 note.

What I'm hoping for is that the Tyros2 will have 256 note Polyphony and Yamaha will indeed make a 76 Key version of the Tyros2 somewhere down the road. But that's another story for another day if indeed that day ever arrives. If Yammie only gives the Tyros2 128 note Polyphony I may hold off from getting one even though it HAS 76 keys.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-11-2005).]