I agree with Mr Ed. Casio does not seem to have an interest to manufacture revolutionary products.

They surely can hire "a few" professionals and develop a new product. They surely have the funds for that, and they have slowly built a reputation and good enough products.

But competing with the likes of the 3 big Japanese manufacturers means a lot more things should be done, besides simply developing a revolutionary product.

Marketing, sales, support and infrastructure would need to be at the same "professional" level with the product, and also they would have to overcome the "toy brand" reputation, which many of you Casio owners have seen in the eyes of many friends-colleagues. This is not something they can achieve overnight, and this will probably cost more than the product itself.

And then it is a question of ROI. (Return on Investment). Will the hypothetical "revolutionary new product" line be succesful enough to justify the cost AND send Yamaha to the drawing board AND wipe the smile off Michel Voncken's lips AND be profitable down the line?

Or simply releasing evolutionary products is a safer way to profit?

My money is on the latter....
but I secretly hope it is the former
Theodore