10:00am - Gig #1- real nice Assisted Living: Started off with McNamara's Band, did my usual mix of standards/big band/country/oldies/latin. Also played Danny Boy, My Wild Irish Rose and When Irish Eyes Are Smiling by the time I finished.

Of note during this performance I saw the longest single piece of carpeting I've ever seen. They were laying the carpet in a new wing they just added on. About 20 minutes into my thing, I see about 15 guys carrying a long...long piece of carpet. IT WENT ON FOREVER...it was the full length of the hall. It must've weighed a ton! As the last section actually was carried into the hall I hollered, "Hey guys, wrong hall---sorry!" and got a big laugh...

2:15pm - Gig #2 - Nursing Home - big crowd, not much dancing but everybody had a great time. It was the first time I'd played here with the Bose L1 and the Activity staff was blown away...

5:30pm - Gig #3 - Assisted Living - Was supposed to play after dinner, which would've been great for this Family Night event, but the staff decided they wanted me to play during dinner. They were concerned everybody would just leave after dinner. (I suspect actually, the staff didn't want to stay any longer than they really needed to, lol) I wasn't overly happy about the change but I did my thing and everybody seemed just dandy.

I was home in time to watch the Penguins pummel the Thrashers and have a relaxing evening.

All in all, a nice day...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 03-18-2009).]