I think this is just a case of passions running kind of hot about the 'alias' issue, Mikey.

No-one REALLY thinks you crazy, but you WERE the only one admitting to using aliases on the other thread... I can see your point (a little), but to be honest, the idea of having multiple handles so that one response doesn't factor in the other's posts is kind of deceptive. You ARE an entertainer of both kids and adults, so useful replies ought to at least factor that in, as you have to factor it in yourself, eventually, anyway...

The trouble comes from how do you distinguish between people with multiple handles that have (perhaps) a legitimate reason for wanting multiple identities, and those that use them to stir up trouble, self-aggrandize, and generally sow confusion on a forum? I would imagine that the latter FAR outnumber the former. And, if the forum allows a secondary handle that acknowledges the original poster, the entire reason for the alias becomes moot.

We don't think for one minute you ARE crazy (crazy like a fox, perhaps! ), but I simply think, from what I've read, that a forum that allows this is the REALLY crazy entity...

What happened on the other thread is, IMO, simply one more example of how hard some people find it attempting to discredit an IDEA, without being personally rude and insulting to the poster themselves. Something we could ALL try harder at, IMO...

Mind you, perhaps we could all take a bit more effort to grow an epidermis, from time to time. 'John is CRAZY to buy an XYZ arranger." Should you REALLY think that John is CRAZY (or should John assume that is what is meant), or is it just the IDEA of buying an XYZ arranger that is crazy (in the poster's mind)? When we can't distinguish the two, that's when things get out of hand here. Are we going to have to start posting as if we stand in the middle of a minefield, or is it possible that we can all start to cut each other a little slack?

One can only hope...