Jim,

The best advice I have is to create a midi file using YOUR keyboard, something that will play for about three minutes. Set up the system, play the midi file using the keyboard, and walk through the venue. Set the keyboard's EQs accordingly and you'll be amazed.

As for audience size, my largest thus far has been about 250 people at an outdoor venue. It was a large courtyard measuring approximately 300' X 150'. I never had to turn the L1 Compact's master volume beyond the 12 O'clock position, while the keyboard's master volume was set at the 1 O'clock position.

I sincerely believe the biggest obstacle to overcome is living with modest volume levels. For me, having used conventional sound systems for several decades, I was comfortable with volume levels where monster speakers were blowing the windows out of the building so audience members sitting 75 feet away could hear what you were playing and singing. With the Bose system, this is no longer the case--everyone hears pretty much the same volume and the clarity is unmatched by any conventional sound system.

Ironically, even some of the old school DJs and KJs in my part of the world have made the switch to Bose L1s and L1 Compacts. And, these are guys and gals that do loads of weddings for younger audiences. The local GC guy told me he cannot keep the L1 and L1 Compacts in stock. They tend to go out the door the same day they arrive in the store. As for returns, he said it's extremely rare to have one returned because the person didn't like the sound.

Good luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)