Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
I don't know if this size screen would work... but do you know of any app that allows you to import a text file? One might need to be able to scroll it and I don't know if that's possible.

The MySongBook app supports import of Chordie format files. iRealBook supports creating charts either on the iphone/touch itself or on the Mac.

EDIT: Hmmm, mysongbook iPhone app is worth checking into. It does what I asked. If I can just see it and it scrools correctly, that could work.

The mysongbook apps supports scrolling while iRealbook doesn't. Scrolling speed is pretty easy to adjust on the fly so if the music is scrolling too slowly/quickly, you can simply tap on the speed +/- to adjust it. For performing, I find both iREalBook AND MySongBook useful if you simply require a glancing "roadmap" of the chords/lyrics of songs you're at least relatively familiar with. The big advantage of the iphone/touch size and auto scrolling is that it greatly reduces audience distraction and comments like DonM mentioned. Bill, if you already got an iPhone or iPod Touch, I recommend you purchase these apps. I found both a very economical investment. - Scott