Thanks for the reply. The drum machine that met it's demise was a Boss DR-3, it had great sounding drums and percussion. It also had bass sounds that were good, but they were pre-programmed and there was no real way of controlling them. I had copied the styles I liked to the user section, and I had them renamed for song names, it worked great in a live situation. I did check out the DR-880, it sounds good, and you can program songs with the ez compose feature, but you are tied down to the structure you program. You can't do an extra chorus if the crowd is into the song, or you can't stop the song one verse early because the crowd didn't take it, or just switch songs while playing.

What would be cool was if the machine could pick up the two or three lowest played note played via midi, and use a pre-programmed pattern to modulate them. Because you don't need full blown chord recognition just for bass I thought maybe there was something that could do this. But I'll guess I'll just get a new DR-3 or something similar with a larger user capacity.

Doc-Z