Hi Dave,
if it was years ago, it probably would have been the BIAB midi tracks, not audio tracks you tried. I think the audio drum tracks were made available with version 2007, then the instrumental real tracks in version 2008. I also doubt they included the audio tracks in demo versions of the program.

I mainly used BIAB midifile tracks as a starting point for my user Korg styles.
Bit of mix n match with onboard style tracks mixed with BIAB tracks to create a style.
Personaly I've never thought BIAB sounded as good as my arranger either.

The Real tracks ( used in the demo's) are audio file tracks , they CAN'T be used in an arranger keyboard for style tracks.

I gather you're sort of familiar with the concept of BIAB ie you type in a chord progression, and BIAB generates a backing track based on the style you've chosen & your chord progression. Earlier versions used midi notes only, newer versions can also use some audio tracks, ie drum tracks, bass, guitar , piano etc
They're actual recordings of live players.
The styles nowadays can be midi note tracks, mix of midi & audio, & I think some may even be complete audio styles.
The interesting part is, you still just choose your style & type in the chord progression, doesn't matter if the style is midi, audio or a mix of both.

Sorry, I didn't mean to give the impression that the audio track styles could be used in an arranger.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:
Hi Rikki:

I took the time to listen to a few songs on the link you provided. Years ago, I tried a demo of BIAB and it just did not seem to stack up to an Arranger. I agree with you about some of the sounds, especially in the "Country" genre... there is a Resonator Guitar and it is nice. Forgive my ignorance, I'm assuming BIAB is selling these tracks... but will they also convert them to style files for use on an old Yammie PSR-2000? I also wonder if the Resonator sound would be lost in "translation" since the Yammie Voices do not include a Resonator or Dobro? Finally, about how much are we talking about in dollars and cents?

I've searched for styles that include both the aforementioned instruments without success. Do you know of any?

Thanks, Dave Rice

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022