Originally Posted By: George Kaye
Montunoman,
It sounds like you are using a lot of Latin Styles. I just purchased Manuel Dorantes's Mexico/Latin styles for the Korg Microarranger and they are outstanding. He sells them on EBAY or you can contact by looking up his profile here on the synthzone.

Originally Posted By: mdorantes
Hello Francisco:

The MicroArranger can not play PA500 styles, several reasons, if the style had any parts using the Guitar mode, well, the KMA do not have it, and the structure is different, one thing, the PA 500 CAN play KMA styles, of course, they will be missing one Intro, Ending, the Break, and perhaps some voicing if was use any of the RX, or if was a PA800 style that had some DNC sounds, too.
When I re-did our styles for the MicroArranger, I had to eliminate some parts, and wherever I did use the Guitar Mode, I had to "converted" to a format that was readable for the KMA.
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Do you have an ebay link to your styles?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: montunoman
I did my first gig yesterday with my KMA. It was a Easter party at a home. I was happy that I was able to fit all my gear in the trunk of our Toyota Corolla which left plenty of room for my wife, daughter and niece in the car. At the party I started with some bossa nova instrumentals. I do prefer my Tyros 2 for this type of stuff but I made due just fine. After the first set my wife joined me and we got right into the upbeat Latin stuff- cumbia, salsa, reggaeton, Tejano, norteño, and a few modern dance hits. The KMA sounds much better than my Tyros in theses areas. It really becomes apparent when you're actually out playing a gig if a keyboard will work for you. Until I can afford an Audya or Korg PX3 I'll be doing all Latin gigs with my KMA.

Hi Paul,

Sounds like you are enjoying your KMA. Scott wanted to know why the KMA had better Latin styles than the Tyros. Is it because of the drums and the more 'live' style type? I know you have a T-2, and wonder if the T-4 Latin styles would be an improvement?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900