Just checked a local weather source, the forecast is for 12 to 18 inches of snow, temperatures in the teens and down to the single digits. This winter has cost me 9 jobs that I could not reschedule for a later date, and they way it's going, I suspect it will cost me a few more. Unfortunately, the loss of income from those jobs cannot be deducted from out taxes as a loss because there is no category for that. However, having the driveway cleared by a snow removal company is tax deductible the same as having a shopping center parking lot cleared is deductible, but this is only true if you claim a home office. I know guys that WILL NOT claim a home office deduction for fear of being audited. Hey, if you comply with the law and do things legally, there's no reason for you to be audited. If you have a home office, claim it - it's deductible and can amount to a substantial savings in taxes each year.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)