Spec wise, the Roland E-A7 looks decent enough for the price range. Wave Expansion Memory is still quite low at 128 MBs.

I do like the Song Chord Extractor feature idea. I guess it automatically detects the chords in smf files. I have to run my midi songs through a program like PSRUIT to predetermine what midi channels I want analyzed to extract the chords. I generally would make up sheet music in Sibelius with the selected notation, lyrics, and chords and rework the midi channels for the parts I want to play on my Tyros 5 and what midi parts to be played by the midi song file.

For the more complex midi songs or my own compositions I will sync the midi song file to the selected customized style and optional multipad play with automatic OTS settings, and I simply play along with the printed sheet music, lyrics, and follow the chords to track the style to the synced midi song file. Of course simpler songs, I just use the suitable style. Still working on transferring all my sheet music to tablet and PDF display.

I would think on the E-A7 the Song Chord Extractor would work similar and display the detected chords from the SMF so you can play along with a style. Too bad Roland doesn't come out with a nice new full featured TOTL arranger. I always liked the Roland quality.

Marcus