Originally Posted By cgiles
124, to be honest, I don't know much about the M100 series. During my time in the jazz organ trio heyday, none of my fellow organist had or used spinets, only B3's with a rare C3 (or sometimes a modded B2,C2,BV,CV with aftermarket-percussion) but never a spinet (ruined their image I suppose smile ). Plenty of M3's on the Rock scene however, but that was a decade later. From what I've heard, there was a noticeable difference in the vibrato section and also in the preamps, but I'm not sure how that effected the overall sound.

chas

I sorta guessed you stayed among the big un's (a dream of mine, really).

I schlepped an M102 around in my pop band in the 60/70s - portability more than anything. Prior to that I had an L102 and there was a big difference going to the M. You could tweak the trim pot on the amp chassis which would get that big output tube pumping and produce a nice distortion a la Steve Winwood. For all intents and purposes the M's were a reasonable substitute for a B3, A100, but never a replacement, of course.

Another trick was to have the 2nd harmonic percussion tab on, then just squeeze the 3rd harmonic and you could really ger her to howl. Fun days. smile