Absolutely not, Tony. Maybe you should reread my posts. I was referring to what worked for ME! Dying my hair made me appear younger, which resulted in more jobs for ME, though I was still in my early 40s, but had snow white hair. If you don't have any hair, then you do not have that tool in your arsenal.

In today's world, I guess anything goes when it comes to appearance on stage while performing music. Hell, Jimmy Buffett doesn't wear shoes, he wears ragged jeans, and never combs his hair. He made more money than Davy Crockett. I like to play ZZ-Top music, but I would be embarrassed if I looked like him on stage.

My point was about Age Discrimination, which anyone over age 50 that has tried to get a job, knows exists. My dad began driving a truck when he was just 13 years old, delivering milk. By the time he was 16, he was driving a big rig, often making two local runs a day. At age 50, the company he worked for relocated to Philadelphia. He was unwilling to relocate, and applied for a job with Pantry Pride. He was turned down, and the PR guy said he was too old to be driving a big rig. He contacted his Teamster's Union representative, who immediately went to the PR guy and informed him that the union would shut them down by the next day if they didn't reconsider. He got the job, then when they found out just how skilled he was, they made him a yard jockey at nearly twice the usual salary.

After a year, I went back to see many of the ADs that turned me down for a job earlier. I don't believe they recognized me with brown hair - nearly all hired me and I booked them for the entire year, and often the following year as well. I am thoroughly convinced that had I returned with my snow white hair, I would have not been hired at all.

As I stated several times, for ME, this was a business decision, one that was highly effective, and I still get calls for jobs two years after retiring, though most are for private parties. Now, I'm sure that bald, old guys get lots of work, but I'm equally sure that someone that looks like a young version of Elvis would garner more jobs at the same locations. His hair was among his many trademarks, right up there with his entertainment talent and his attire. All those things have an impact and age discrimination still exists in this day and age.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)