I was thinking about adding one more instrument to my PSR-S950; at first this idea got me exited; somehow when I got money to finally do that I had to look at it more realistically. So far, I guess, if there’s no goal to have the latest and the most expensive stuff possible, the best offer on the market right now is PSR-S670 as an arranger and Yamaha P-121/125 as a digital piano. It’s about $600-$750 each.

The one thing which really affects the quality of music is, I’d say, time you can devote to it.

I see that in a lot of YouTube demonstrations a lot of keyboards tend so sound cheaper than they should. I explain it by the fact that the players didn’t have time or desire to get really familiar with the instrument. Often you have to mute half the style to make it sound more professional and each tone requires a specific approach. Finally, it’s rather about a general approach to music — dealing with arrangers, you won’t be able to work as a performer in an orchestra whose job is to follow sheets and a conductor; it’s rather about being a music producer first and this is where it becomes complicated.

Now I’m going to contradict myself after I told that music needs time; because also I think that music demands time to be away from it. Being outside, seeing new places, good communication; reading or listening some interviews, watching documentaries; in general, to have it all well-balanced; is something which doesn’t come in a box with a new purchase.

I see that I’m sort of preaching, which means that I have some dilemma myself; well, it’s tempting, for sure, to buy it all; but the question is — considering the amount of time it takes to really know (and remember) the keyboard’s content; the time we have to spend on other things (to stay healthy and socially active) — is it really a good idea to deliberately put on a plate more than one can eat?

Okay… this is sort of how I distract myself from playing too much.