Rikki and Company,

Rikki, YES!! that's exactly what I want to do...only record the VOCAL parts while having the sequence firing in the background for timing purposes and NOT record the sequence as audio...I have a fairly inexpensive sound card that came with the my computer and I really don't want to upgrade...so i thought I could use the KN7000 as a monitor(to hear my sequence play through cakewalk) and ONLY record the audio vocal part...there lies the problem....if I use the KN7000 as a monitor while my sequence plays in cakewalk AND I use the kn7000 vocal input as my source for vocals, the audio track records EVERYTHING,,,same problem occurs when I use the original software that came with the KN7000 (my original post) The only way around it, according to tech support, is to use my cheap soundcard as the monitoring source of my sequence, while recording the vocal part as audio, using the kn7000 as the input source for my Microphone. This is the only way I know of to ONLY record the vocal parts (tracks) as audio without recording the entire sequence as audio which I do not want to do for the purpose of space..(cant wait for the 1 gig SD cards)...but by all means, if someone knows a trick around this, that would be great....I think someone in this post mentioned a non midi switching mechanism that could possibly work in the KN7000? Thanks for all your responses and help...this forum is a great source of knowledge.