On another forum, I was asked "what do the pro's use when they play?" Essentially, there are a lot of folks that play for charity events, small parties, etc and wish to know that equipment they should take, the size of the amp, speaker size, type of microphone, etc. While everyone has their own preference, I believe that all of this can be categorized using certain parameters. I said I would pose this question to the folks at the Synthzone and forward the information. Probably, the easiest way to do this is via a short form. Essentially, highlight the form, copy it into your response and fill in the blanks. This should prove both interesting and educational for everyone involved.

This is based strictly on audience size, and assuming that you would be playing indoors at a location where the room or hall size is adequate for the number of people in the audience.

Under Amp, list the power in watts with the letter "M" for mono and "S" for stereo.

For volume setting, use a range of 1 to 10 with 10 being maximum.

For speaker size, list them in inches and the number that you use. For example, 2@15" or 1@18", etc.

Under Microphone, list the type you prefer, SC=super cardiod, DY-dynamic, etc. and also whether it's handheld(HH) or headset(HS).

In the comments section, you can add any information that you feel would be helpful to the novice player/performer. It's your call.

Audience size:Amp, Vol-Set, Spkr.Size, Mic.
10 or less
10 to 20
20 to 40
40 to 80
100 to 200
200 to 500
500 to 1000
1000 or more

Additional Comments:

Thanks guys and gals,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 02-17-2003).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)