SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#102684 - 07/24/06 09:59 AM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Squeak,

I never posted a demo before. I'll have to figure out how to do that.

What exactly were you looking for? I'll see if I can make it happen.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#102685 - 07/24/06 10:05 AM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Actually I wasn't looking for anything specific. I thought other's may be interested in hearing the E403 (considering the price they go for--and what all it does).

You can post anything you choose There are several ways you can post some samples. You can plug directly into your computers line in jack, if you have audio recording software on your computer you can use that, if you have an external recorder such as hard disk, or SM/CF card recorders--you can use those to record the audio then transfer to the PC for sharing.

What I do is simple. I have a Fostex MR-8 digital recorder (CF card as recording medium). The unit records it at 44.1khz, and I can then use the Fostex to convert the file to a stereo wav file. I then take out the CF card, slide it into my 9 in 1 card reader on my computer. Drag the file to the desktop. Then use itunes to convert it to MP-3 (otherwise the actual wav. file turns out to be huge)..

Then I use yousentit.com to share the file with the Zone. That's of course my method--as I don't have my own website, or web space for that matter.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#102686 - 07/24/06 10:39 AM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hi Tim and congratulations on your new keeboard. I wish you many happy hours playing it.

With that soundset and full XG for that price!!! It's a great deal.
According to me, they are going to mix synth specs (arpegiator & knobs) into arranger keyboards. Future is bright.

Regards
George

#102687 - 07/24/06 11:28 AM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
i love the sweet soprano sax. My question is this...is the sweet soprano sax and other sweet voices of exactly the same high quality as the tyros..in other words are they identical to the tyros.. I wonder how it compares to roland e09

#102688 - 07/24/06 12:25 PM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
CoasterTim Offline

Rolandfan,

The sweet sop voice sounds the same to me, as the one that's in the T2 and the one that was in the PSR3000.

How does what compare to the E09? The sop. sax or the entire keyboard? Roland's sop. sax don't hold a candle to the Yammy's sweet sax.

However, the E09 in general is a much more serious keyboard. Many of the best Roland voices live in the E09, including a fabulous stereo piano and beautiful stereo strings. It has a number of features not in the E403: 64 poly...multi-effects...16 track sequencer...L/R outs...MIDI in/out ports...more powerful speaker system to name a few. On the other hand, it costs almost 3x as much, too.
Lacking on the E09 is USB, arpeggiator, and the ability to import files (styles and songs).

That is my comparison from what I could gather and comprehend from internet info. Your experience may differ.

Tim

#102689 - 07/24/06 01:14 PM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
rolandfan Offline

Ive tried the e09 several times now. Its a good board but the soprano sax was nowhere near yamahas. That is so awesome that the soprano sax on your psr403 is like the tyros. When i had my tyros i used that sound more often than the others. Pity the e09 lacks a disk drive. Would u say the 403's styles intros endings fill ins compare favourably to the e09?

#102690 - 07/24/06 01:22 PM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
CoasterTim Offline

Rolandfan,

That's a question of personal taste. However, I have not ever played an E09. They're rare in these parts...I have played the GW7, which is quite similar, I understand - and I like the uncomplicated simplicity of its styles. I also like the smooth, refined feel of the Yamaha styles. They are very different from each other, but both appealing to me. Bottom line - to each his own.

Tim

#102691 - 07/24/06 02:55 PM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
rolandfan Offline

Cool. Dont worry because the gw7 styles and sounds are identical. One thing ive always noticed here in south africa is that when Roland launch a new keyboard, all the shops have it within a few weeks...the g70 for example...but with yamaha the stores get it after 10 months.

#102692 - 07/31/06 11:25 PM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Tim

I think you made a very wise choice with the 403.

This is the replacement for the PSR293 which I had picked for my beginning students on a budget. I went to five stores to see what was out there. The 403 isn't in town yet, but I did find a 400. It's about the same as the 293 also.

The sound is great. I really believe we could gig with that keyboard, it's not a Tyros 1 or 2 but, it seemed the best value out of everthing out their. It's really about the same as the DGX as far as sounds and operation as far as the arranger part goes with a few less keys.

I am curious how it sounds through your amp comparted to the PSR3000. My guess without trying it is probably astonishingly close for most ears.

Anyway my students who were at first hesitant, mainly because they thought they could find something better in a pawn shop for $50 (eeeek!), are all smiles about it now.

Scott

#102693 - 08/01/06 03:00 AM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tim,
you could midi it to your computer, use OMB software & you could have lots of additional psr styles including 3 intro'/endings & 4 variations.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online