SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#107125 - 11/11/02 09:23 AM Re: Steve D. Official news please
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Guys,

I am sure you are getting anxious about Tyros, but I think you should stop bugging Steve D.

With you showing this attitude towards him, it is not likely that he will be inclined to participate in this forum, and share the valuable information with us. He is a Yamaha employee, and I am sure that is where his first loyalty lies, so if his company is having difficulties shipping to the US, or some marketing consideration keep Tyros from reaching our shores, he is not likely to break rank and leak it to us. Nonetheless, his past posts here were very useful in providing technical info about Tyros.

After all, if he had not posted here in the first place, we would be kept in the dark about interesting features that Tyros is supposed to have, and still would not know any more about the actual shipping date than Yamaha lets out through the dealer channels.

So if you value Steve D's participation in this forum, I would suggest that you lay off him, and take control of your impatience.

Regards

#107126 - 11/11/02 09:51 AM Re: Steve D. Official news please
trtjazz Offline

Alex,
HUH?

I didn't know tha I was laying ON Steve...what I am trying to find out is an approximate ship date officially, considering I have three Authorized dealers giving me 3 ship dates....2 weeks....Dec. 7th......Jan. 10th.

So I think it reasonable to ask for some official word rather than rumor, isn't it? It's not like I am asking him to leak the o/s code you know.
geez Alex?????
Terry

#107127 - 11/11/02 03:38 PM Re: Steve D. Official news please
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Terry and all,

Just got my new computer on Friday so I was suffering from N.O.S.S. (New O.S. Syndrome). I've pretty much worked out things, so here I am checking out things in cyberland, and I find out you guys are waiting for my response. Sorry. I'm on here almost every day and the occaisional nights and weekends. Anyway...

No news is good news! There has been no change as far as we're concerned. We're expecting them in this week. We will do a quick QC and then they will on there way to dealers next week (barring any unforseen problems).

I will post again If I hear anything different.

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America

#107128 - 11/11/02 05:00 PM Re: Steve D. Official news please
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I was just about to post a recent news flash with details of Yamaha expecting them in next week and shipments to start as soon as QT was done, but Steve beat me to it. One thing to keep in mind however, is that this first shipment will not cover all back orders and it will be a limited first batch with more to follow a few weeks later. This information has been supplied to me by good authority.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#107129 - 11/11/02 05:04 PM Re: Steve D. Official news please
trtjazz Offline

Steve & George,
Thanks alot fellas appreciate the Official news and alevaites the rumors then of a reported stall on Yamaha's part and only applies to some dealers.
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 11-11-2002).]

#107130 - 11/11/02 05:06 PM Re: Steve D. Official news please
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
just in case some of you haven't already figured this out:
QC = Quality Control
QT = Quality Testing

right?

#107131 - 11/11/02 09:03 PM Re: Steve D. Official news please
NEWNEW Offline

George, will one of these first deliveries of the Tyros be used as a floor/demo model for your music store?

#107132 - 11/11/02 09:14 PM Re: Steve D. Official news please
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!! I mean Yipeeeeee!!!!!!! Thanks for posting the update Steve. Since Yamaha Music Division is located in Buena Park, CA. hopefully you guys will see fit to abundantly supply the retail stores in So. Calif. "which is a hotbed for the Arranger market I might add" with Tyros's. Two or three at each of the GC's in the San Diego area would be nice And George would appreciate at least 5 or 6 I'm sure George if the GC's get skunked here where I live I will drive up to your store (seeing they don't do the same to you too) "Come on Yammie be nice to George, Pleasseeee. How bout pretty please with sugar on top"

I have to get your address George so I can make a map on my computer and print it out to take with me. I'll do a search on the BBS to see if I can find it that way. I hope your open on Saturday?

Best regards to all,
Mike

PS: Although purchasing one is still up in the air I want sit down and give it a good working over, ask questions, compare, weigh the pros and cons then decide if the upgrade from my PSR 2000 to the Tyros is worth it.

#107133 - 11/11/02 09:33 PM Re: Steve D. Official news please
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Scott, I believe you are correct with your defenitions of QT and QV. If I get one Tyros, it will be locked to my sales floor. I have ordered 6 and I've already sold 4. Many of my customers want to see it and play it before purchasing so I don't know how many more I would love to get my hands on, but I don't think I will see the six I've ordered until the second shipment arrives. Yamaha will be allocating the first shipments to try and get at least 1 unit to each dealer who ordered at the earliest date. I hope to see my first Tyros by the end of November, which is what Yamaha has been suggesting ever since September conversations.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#107134 - 11/12/02 03:59 AM Re: Steve D. Official news please
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
To all you guys waiting, the Tyros is great!
Styles, sounds, performance possibilities. I die for YOUR judgement.
Roy-Andrč

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online