SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#109550 - 04/12/05 12:34 PM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
Clif Anderson Offline

I agree with GJ and don't feel he was attacking anyone. The BBS allows the person who started a thread to delete posts by others in that thread. I can see why somewho who took the time and effort to reply to a topic might feel offended when their post is deleted (with the rest of the thread). I would rather the person starting the topic could just delete their own posts, although the thread might be hard to follow after the lead post was gone.

#109551 - 04/12/05 12:47 PM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
lets face it life ain,t easy,we all have problems,whats that saying about putting an old head on young shoulders,if you are one of the very lucky few who are born to multi-millionaire parents,well no matter the problem, money can solve all of your problems,but i don,t think i am talking to any of those here,we are born into a world full of pressure,and we become more aware of it when we first start to work for a living,politics good and bad ,well we are in the middle of it and the tough life affects all of us,and sometimes it puts us under so much stress we could explode,ever had a close friend who has been a buddy all of your life turn on you?if someone shouts at you and threatens you,no its not nice ,but what is that person going through?we don,t walk in his(her)shoes we have enough problems of our own,we are sad at others loss and we cheer at their gains (unless we are jealous)sometimes we say something and wish we hadn,t,,,,,well when you are ALL OLD you are going to look back and say i wish i hadn,t said that or done that,if only i could have had my time all over again,,,,well you can,t you get just 1 shot at life,so now is your chance to make those changes NOW,ok you may get someone honking their horn at you or wanting to cause a fight ,what are you going to do punch him on the nose and feel good and then maybe regret it,we can carry on with the thought WELL I WAS RIGHT,does it really matter, REALLY,mike

#109552 - 04/12/05 07:54 PM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Amen to all that, nardoni.

I, for one, have had enough of all this stuff. Can we get back to talking about arrangers now, folks?

#109553 - 04/12/05 08:58 PM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I know what happened. Check The Bar.
DonM

#109554 - 04/12/05 09:08 PM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I guess Jim said what he wanted to say and didn't want the thread to continue any longer than it had. We'll all miss him and I hope he will return to us in the future when he feels confortable here again.

It was mentioned it that thread that someone thought that enlisting more moderators would help. I tend to disagree with that. I don't think increasing censorship would make things better but would just tend to upset people. I feel bad about this situation because Jim had contacted me but I didn't feel it would be appropriate for me to step in and censor postings. Unfortunately I hadn't got round to discussing this with him before he made his announcement about leaving the forums. And it wasn't because I didn't care but because I was pre-occupied with having my wife in hospital for major surgery. It always upsets me when a long time member feels they need to leave. Jim is always welcome back here.

#109555 - 04/12/05 09:44 PM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
.... I was pre-occupied with having my wife in hospital for major surgery....

Nigel, Best wishes for your wife.

Ed

#109556 - 04/12/05 10:18 PM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Nigel, I hope your wife does as well as mine did last week! You are in our prayers.
DonM

#109557 - 04/12/05 11:12 PM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Nigel,
all the best for Kerry! I hope she will recover soon.

#109558 - 04/12/05 11:27 PM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:

someone thought that enlisting more moderators would help. I tend to disagree with that. I don't think increasing censorship would make things better but would just tend to upset people.

Nigel
I totally agree with you about the invectiveness of moderators and that they can create more problems than they solve.I feel that you do a sterling job of monitoring the forums in a fair and unbiased way even when you have your own private problems as you have demonstrated here and for this we can be and are eternally grateful to you.
Although I don't advocate members deleting their own threads because I feel that if they have made a statement and invite replies then they should stand by it even if it invites criticism but then that is only my opinion.
I wish your wife a full and speedy recovery and please pass to her my kind regards.
Johnnie

#109559 - 04/12/05 11:46 PM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Nigel,

My best wishes for Kerry as well.

AJ

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online