SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#124717 - 06/28/02 08:02 AM title track for dano's CD now available MP3
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
title track for dano's cd is available on mp3 . send me an email . oneils4@comcast.net

#124718 - 06/28/02 09:06 AM Re: title track for dano's CD now available MP3
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I just heard it guys, it sounds really great!
DonM

#124719 - 06/28/02 04:05 PM Re: title track for dano's CD now available MP3
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
I'm with Don. Great song very enjoyable.
Good job Dan.

Keep on rocking

Eric

#124720 - 06/28/02 05:49 PM Re: title track for dano's CD now available MP3
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi DanO,

Great 12 bar blues tune. Good (fun) lyrics & nice bluesy organ sound. I assume that you multi-tracked your vocals, right? What recording equipment (software/hardware) did you use to produce your tune?

I'm curious, did you actually play this tune in D, or did you play it in another key (ei: C or F) and then transpose it (to best hi-light your vocals) to D?

As you probably know, D,E, & A are the favored keys that guitar players like to play the blues in, but as a keyboard player, although I'll relunctantly play in other keys, I much prefer playing the blues in C,F, & G, because these keys work best on the keyboard to best capture that signature bluesy sound on the keyboard: easily slipping (sliding) your finger from b3-3, b5-5, b7-7, etc.

I'm now curious to hear what keys the rest of you prefer playing 'the blues' in. What are your favorite and least favorite keys to play in? Feedback appreciated.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#124721 - 06/28/02 08:53 PM Re: title track for dano's CD now available MP3
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi DanO,

Great 12 bar blues tune. Good (fun) lyrics & nice bluesy organ sound. I assume that you multi-tracked your vocals, right? What recording equipment (software/hardware) did you use to produce your tune?

SD1 and tascam 788 . Everything you heard was 4 tracks .I recorded the sequence onto the hard drive . Play the sequence back and sing the lead part . I than overdud the harmony's and organ lead parts on the 3rd and 4th tracks . Every tune I have produced is done this way .

I'm curious, did you actually play this tune in D, or did you play it in another key (ei: C or F) and then transpose it (to best hi-light your vocals) to D?

I sequenced everything in the key of D .

As you probably know, D,E, & A are the favored keys that guitar players like to play the blues in, but as a keyboard player, although I'll relunctantly play in other keys, I much prefer playing the blues in C,F, & G, because these keys work best on the keyboard to best capture that signature bluesy sound on the keyboard: easily slipping (sliding) your finger from b3-3, b5-5, b7-7, etc.

I'm now curious to hear what keys the rest of you prefer playing 'the blues' in. What are your favorite and least favorite keys to play in? Feedback appreciated.

I am confortable playing in C,D, E, F,G, A .
My skills lack a little in the black keys .

Scott over and out dano

Thanks for the compliments !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online