SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#126455 - 10/19/03 09:12 AM Baffled ??
larigot Offline

Loc: Portsmouth - UK
Can anybody help....

Have installed Native Instruments B4 Organ software into my PC and it works fine played on my Studiologic SL-880 MIDI keyboard.... I plug the MIDI lead into my Yamaha S03 keyboard and no matter what I do it does not work, have tried all the obvious solutions to no avail ie MIDI channels etc.

Any ideas anyone

larigot

#126456 - 10/19/03 09:44 AM Re: Baffled ??
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I have a fairly decent grasp of midi, and it usually works out ok when I connect things, but sometimes I find that when I do have a problem it's because I've overlooked something simple.

Are you sure you've tried all the obvious stuff ? I'm not familiar with the S03, but generic questions that I would ask are .. is there Midi out filtering on the S03 including notes ? If so.. how do you have it set up ? or is the board set up to transmit any data at all right now ? Is it looking for a specific device number ? How about the host for the B4. ? Is the channel(s) set to receive on the same channel the S03 is sending it's data out on ?

Can the S03 control your other midi modules / applications in it's present state ?

Here's the one I mess up occasionally with the Motif.. not sure if the S03 works the same way.. but Motif has both standard midi and usb midi ports. If I am using the usb midi drivers and the Motif is setup to use the standard ports ( it's an either / or thing ) .. well nothing happens at all until I remember to change the settings.

AJ

[

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 10-19-2003).]

#126457 - 10/19/03 12:25 PM Re: Baffled ??
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Is there a MIDI/PC switch on the back of the keyboard. If so, you may simply have to adjust the switch to MIDI from PC or USB.

#126458 - 10/19/03 12:45 PM Re: Baffled ??
larigot Offline

Loc: Portsmouth - UK
Dont worry...I fixed it...the MIDI leads from the PC had IN & OUT stamped on them but I found they actually work in reverse, once I swapped the leads round on the S03 keyboard I nearly blew my ears off, thanks for the help guys.

By the way the B4 really rocks, my days of looking round for a B3 are over.

larigot

#126459 - 10/20/03 09:28 AM Re: Baffled ??
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Larigot,
How do you handle expression on the B4. Does the S03 have an expression pedal input?
Starkeeper

#126460 - 10/20/03 05:53 PM Re: Baffled ??
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Darn Midi cables..............I had the same problem once, just ASSumed that IN meant to IN.........I have seen some other adaptor cables that actually DO work that way. I guess the MIDI standard doesn't apply?? hehehehe

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online