SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#128145 - 03/19/05 12:30 AM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
vclocke Offline

Loc: riverside, ca, usa
Frank,

Another ditto to the many comments above. I haven't the slightest interest in software driven arrangers or most anything re: to the subject only because I know I will most likely not be able to afford it. However, I have read many of your posts and feel that your expertise is a valuable asset to this forum. Yes, my main interest is re: to yamaha arranger keyboards because that is what I have and can afford - but keep up your postings on "your" expertise as I'm sure there are many on this forum that have an interest.

vc

------------------
Vern

#128146 - 03/19/05 07:18 AM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Frank: Sometimes we forget to let our friends know how much we enjoy the opportunity to hear about their problems, accomplishments or just plain curiosity about any given subject on this board. Like others, I have not yet had the opportunity to explore the world of softsynths. That does not mean that the subject is not interesting or may be of future value to me or others. Thank you for your interesting posts and for reminding us about our perceived insensitivity. Stay with us and continue this dialog. RICE

#128147 - 03/19/05 09:39 AM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Just to clarify a little, I went WAY beyond what I needed to spend for my system. Much of it is because I have a serious gear acquisition issue (lol), but also because I love analog synths in general and specifically I sooo wanted a CS80 when it was in production.

That said, I have acquired literally dozens of modeled synths ( including some excellent freeware ) and all of the rest of the system, which includes hosts, programs, samples, effects, and GM based modules for a good bit less than the CS80 cost when it was new.

For simplicity during live play, the system can and does becomes very streamlined. So, here is cost of the basic system I recently used for live play ( without the add-ons ):

Laptop: $1250... for mine anyway. If you already have one, the rest can be done very inexpensively.

Arranger software: One man Band - $39 USD. ( the current version is $59 I think ).

Software: Midi Thruway - to link Chainer to OMB- Free.

Xlutop Chainer: $ 49. There is also a freeware one I just saw yesterday at KVR that hosts multiple effects. I d/l'd it but haven't tried it yet.

Soundfonts: sgm 128 - free
magic sf ver2 - free
cadenza sf- free
also a few other free and commercial ones, none over 99 Usd

Effects : Kjaerhus series - Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Tube effect, etc - Free

Voxengo - EQ and stereo simulation - Free

All in one module for lead voices : Luxonix Ravity - $139.00

Oh yes, the controller: I use my Motif ES, but there are good controller out there for a couple hundred dollars that I would use instead if I didn't have the ES.

Most of us already have at least one midi ready kb and a computer to work with....

Once again, much thanks to FLR, whom without I would either still either know nothing of vst arrangers, or would still be in my infancy with it.

AJ

And now.... because I can type very quickly and very poorly all at the same time, once again....

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-19-2005).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online