SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#131388 - 10/25/07 03:27 PM Re: performance or equipment?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Actually, I was referring to my earlier post (you read that?) where I said that most great players DON'T need or want auto accompaniment, and are happy using less than the latest, greatest in favor of something they are familiar with...

Like this guy...

As to all the rest of you so happy and complacent with your decisions to go solo and use arrangers, firstly, your arrangers will NEVER sound as good as that rhythm section, and in all likeliness, if you COULD play that well, you probably wouldn't be happy with pre-canned accompaniment, either. But, at least you are making ALL the money, and that is, after all, what it is REALLY all about, eh?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-25-2007).]

#131389 - 10/26/07 02:01 AM Re: performance or equipment?
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
I did read your comment Diki and i accept that most high level musicians do not use arranger keyboards and are happy using whatever they are familiar with. But thats just the point. They are not familira with arrangers and have no idea of their flexibility and explosive creative potential. Most top level musicians simply have no idea what an arranger can do nor how they can used in a group or solo setting.Right now the yamaha XS is being touted as the best thing since sliced bread and the main functions that are being relied upon to set this instrument apart from other pro keyboards is the arranger/performance functions. And its like somebody just switched on a light bulb in the "pro" musician market place. Suddenly musicians are starting to see the creative possiblilities with preprogrammed grooves and licks that move where you move musically .
Most musicians will have heard of Jordan Rudess and would rate him as being a phenominal keyboard player and yet they marvel at how he uses the Oasys Keyboard to such great effect. He programmes the keyboard including when and how to trigger samples loops etc within his live performances , saving and recalling performance registrations triggering loops via dedicated pads and so on. Sounds familiar doesnt it ? These are the EXACT SAME principles used in great arranger style performances.

The thing that stops great musicians from using arrangers is ignorance to the greatest extent , snobbery to a similarly great extent and for top end musicians, the availability of other great gigging musicians as in the clip i posted.

#131390 - 10/26/07 02:29 AM Re: performance or equipment?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Actually, I was referring to my earlier post (you read that?) where I said that most great players DON'T need or want auto accompaniment, and are happy using less than the latest, greatest in favor of something they are familiar with...

Like this guy...

As to all the rest of you so happy and complacent with your decisions to go solo and use arrangers, firstly, your arrangers will NEVER sound as good as that rhythm section, and in all likeliness, if you COULD play that well, you probably wouldn't be happy with pre-canned accompaniment, either. But, at least you are making ALL the money, and that is, after all, what it is REALLY all about, eh?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-25-2007).]

Well Diki I don't understand why you bother to post this on an arranger keyboard forum unless you are just trying to piss people off. Is that your intention??

#131391 - 10/26/07 03:08 AM Re: performance or equipment?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-26-2007).]

#131392 - 10/26/07 05:32 AM Re: performance or equipment?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 10-26-2007).]

#131393 - 10/26/07 06:28 AM Re: performance or equipment?
ianmcnll Offline

Chas,

The quote was accurate.

I have considered your statements and have decided to remove the post.

I don't wish to cause anyone the potential to be banned.

Ian

#131394 - 10/26/07 07:25 AM Re: performance or equipment?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding 4: The thing that stops great musicians from using arrangers is ignorance to the greatest extent , snobbery to a similarly great extent and for top end musicians, the availability of other great gigging musicians as in the clip i posted.
very well said. except i would change "great musicians" to "veteran musicians"

------------------
Miami Mo

#131395 - 10/26/07 07:59 AM Re: performance or equipment?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Chas,

I have considered your statements and have decided to remove the post.

Ian

I have considered your response and decided to remove mine.

chas

#131396 - 10/26/07 08:09 AM Re: performance or equipment?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I have considered your response and decided to remove mine.

chas

Thank you kindly, sir.

Ian

#131397 - 10/26/07 08:14 AM Re: performance or equipment?
bill reed Offline

Loc: edinburgh
hi
Lee Trevino did not use a coke bottle it was a Dr pepper bottle they use to sponsor him too. and he use to use it at all his training and teaching demo's.
and he could beat most golfers using just that.
if you have the talent it don't matter what you play it will still sound good.
cheers
bill

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online