BeBop...really glad I caught your post before you edited it! As I told you before, it would be GREAT if you guys made it to Kentucky so we could swap war stories.

I actually lived in Victorville and traveled to LA to work on Sundays and Mondays in the early 60's. My regular job during the week was at the Silver Saddle in Apple Valley.

Never went to that great old "barn" in Covington that burned in the late 70-'s"(I think) much, but it was a wonder...many national quality acts.

You remind me of a long-time partner, Tom Johnston. He was a district judge, about 20 years older than me and a dynamite B-3 player. We worked as Russ and Tom for over 10 years. He was my teacher, music partner and friend. I did guitar,bass, percussion and vocals, and as arthritis took it's toll, I added vibes and Suitcase Rhodes.

This topic has really brought back memories...mostly, good memories. The jazz experience is sort of like war. You can look at all the war movies and books that exist, but, until you have been shot at, you really don't get it.

We've been "shot at". It would have been an honor to have learned from and worked with you. Who knows...that could still happen!

And that would be GREAT!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 03-21-2006).]

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 03-21-2006).]