Thank you for all your comments everybody. So apparently all the new Workstations on the market today have the capability to store Voice/Volume/etc., settings-"Performances"; that can be called up on the 'fly' if necessary but it seems some do it better than others. I know I've heard Yamaha uses a system that causes a "glitch" when keys are pressed and at the same time switching to different settings-"performances" and others like Roland don't have that problem. PS: I've heard from people that owned the Yamaha S90 say they returned it because of this very thing happening when they tried to Gig with it. The S90 must be more of a Studio Tool, or for using in a more casual setting like a Piano Bar and not for more demanding Styles and types of music where switching Voice and Volume and other performance settings on the fly and doing it often occur.

I've been thinking about getting a Workstation to supplement my Arranger. If I do I would use it for Gigging with my Band and use my Arranger as a tool for coming up with ideas for songs and using different voices, layers, etc. to see what would 'fit' for a song[s] then set everything up on the Motif ES... Whoops! Did I just say that? Ha, ha, he, he.....Well the cats out of the bag I guess. BUT, let me say, if the Motif ES "7" has that very same problem of cutting out when keys are pressed and you try switching settings, ie., you get a discordant cut off, cut out, clanging, clunking sound, I most definitely will pass on the Mo' ES. My PSR 2000 has the same type problem when using the OTS function, but for a Workstation made specifically for Live use you would and should expect more from it.

I'm guessing from Paul Davis' statement that GEM Keyboard[s] are free from this annoying problem too.

Another bad thing about Workstations is they have no built-in Harmonizer capability so that would mean buying extra gear to be able add Harmony to vocals.

What I would REALLY like I think is to wait for a High End Arranger that HAS Sampling, great sounding Onboard Speakers, 128 note Polyphony or better, Hard Drive, a Professional Sequencer with mind boggling editing capabilities, 32 Multi-Timbral, FANTASTIC sounds, Digital Out, a Firewire or USB 2.0 interface, a Huge LCD Screen that can be used in direct sunlight if necessary, and 76 Keys would be a big plus too. And all weighing in at under 40 lbs.! Am I asking too much???? Well, according to Yamaha, Korg, GEM, Roland, Casio????, Ketron, and Technics; I am. But maybe someday they will build it. I just hope they do it before I'm too old to play anymore.

Thanks again everybody!

Best regards,
Mike