SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#134919 - 09/01/06 02:39 PM This thread is for loving!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Well, I figured that if there's a thread specifically for 'bashing', we should have one for loving as well!

You may express your love for a keyboard, a band, or even for a fellow SZ member!

I'll start by saying thank you to Nigel for this wonderful forum. I've been a member for three years now, and although I used to be more active, I still love checking out the threads and discussions. I find this to be the best place to give and get information on anything musical!

Thanks!

#134920 - 09/01/06 03:13 PM Re: This thread is for loving!
Dnj Offline

Chony great topic.
I love performing music for people, it has always been my passion. I love what magic of music does for different people when they hear it, it might make them happy, sad, forget their problems, ailments, etc, because every song is a snapshot in time of someones life. The fact that I am partly in control of that experience as a performer makes me happy inside to be able to do it for a living. I've met some of the nicest people I know because of the SZ, some in person, some good personal friends, some Internet buddies due to distance, but all in all its been a pretty good experience that continues to blossom daily. I love playing keyboards & have done so for 35+ years, some are better then others for me, but as long as the passion to make music thrives inside you any hurdles can be overcome, the material stuff could come & go as it always does, but the Music making fever gets Higher & Higher fo myself!

#134921 - 09/01/06 03:27 PM Re: This thread is for loving!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I think those of us who play arranger keyboards whether at home or infront of 10000 people are ALL musicians. We are lucky we have this ability. The general public can whistle their favourite song... WE CAN PLAY IT. We can create our own songs for our family or wife etc...not many people can do that... Its a damn good feeling we get when we play and WE are in control of what note comes next... Give yourselves a round of applause arranger keyboard owners... You are rare and special..

#134922 - 09/01/06 03:35 PM Re: This thread is for loving!
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Great Topic indeed Chony.

I do like synths/keyboards but I don't love them at all.
It's just a technical piece of equipment which can be replaced by any next factory order.
One model does suit me better as another but I have no passionating feelings for a keyboard.
This is also the reason I cannot Hate keyboards/synths maybe dislike

BUT GUITARS.......Oh my , I love them and would like to have a warehouse full of them...
I really have to force myselve not to look too much on e-bay as I do suffer GAS for guitars.

Basicly it's ;
1. Wife and kids
2. Family
3. Guitars

Thks for the bringing up the topic..

Fred

#134923 - 09/01/06 06:05 PM Re: This thread is for loving!
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Yes, we are more than just bashing, nice topic Chony.

1-I loved the feeling my group got when we played an outdoor job for Bank of America 2500 people. They made a large circle around the band about six deep. I went to start the song and I froze. I finally started, four hours later the place was crazy A feeling you can not buy, I loved it.

2-I played a job at the Roosevelt in Manhattan (New York). I had booked the job without meetings the people. We walked into a room filled with all black people they were so alive, I had a lot of respect for these people and their music, I wondered if we could do the job. Four hours latter the room could not be contained. They not only liked our music, they also helped us carry the instruments out to the cars. A feeling you can not buy, I loved it. And I miss it.

3-Playing in the nursing homes is another reward watching the Solomon faces turn into smiles. A hand that had lost much of its ability trying to clap with the other hand in time with the music. Helping these people in any way brings a special reward. I love it.

I love coming home at night and playing and singing with my guitar or keyboard playing the songs that I love, the sentimental ones. It brings a special feeling.

To quote a friend who is no longer here;

I said music makes you feel good Bill.
He answered: No John, music makes you FEEL.

John C.

#134924 - 09/01/06 06:49 PM Re: This thread is for loving!
Vadim Offline

KEYBOARDS!!! Especialy: TRITON, OASYS, TRINITY, MOTIF-ES... and much more

#134925 - 09/01/06 06:57 PM Re: This thread is for loving!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm feelin' the love ! Great topic!
My list starts with Donna, trickles down through my kids, and soon-t-be grandkids, Mom, Dad, sisters .... extended family ..... it's all good !

There was a time when my gear would be higher in the food chain, but no more! My "stuff" is a means to an end. If I had a dream setup, it'd still have a Fender Rhodes suitcase at the heart of it.
Lately I'm loving my new Line-6 Variaxe acoustic 700. What an amazing guitar !

It's got a push button capo !
( 100% modeled intruments, including banjo, mandolin and more ! )

#134926 - 09/01/06 07:09 PM Re: This thread is for loving!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I'm loving my new Line-6 Variaxe acoustic 700. What an amazing guitar !

It's got a push button capo !
( 100% modeled intruments, including banjo, mandolin and more ! )

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM04/Content/Line_6/PR/Variax-Acoustic-700.html

#134927 - 09/01/06 08:32 PM Re: This thread is for loving!
nielshs Offline

I love

1. My wife
2. Tyros2
3. G-70
1000. Cr..._UK

#134928 - 09/01/06 09:31 PM Re: This thread is for loving!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
I love...

My wife

My baby boy/girl that's due early next year. Don't know the gender as my wife and I prefer to be surprised.

My in-laws...best family I've ever had

Laos...beautiful country with beautiful people...and my future home country

Music

Butterflies...they always make me smile

Sunshine

Blue skies

Outdoors...trees...mountains....sea (never liked cities)

Books

and so much more...

------------------
Khoi huk ngam sud tee huk kon diow.

#134929 - 09/02/06 02:45 AM Re: This thread is for loving!
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I love

1. All my family members
2. Close friends, Skype buddies, singers and groups I work with
3. Session and studio work I do, producing backing tracks... anything to do with music
4. Tyros 2
5. Yamaha S90 ES
6. mmm other keyboards I have and had
7. Food and Belgium/German Beer
8. Films
9. Too much to list

Thanks for putting me on YOUR list Nielshs

#134930 - 09/02/06 07:18 AM Re: This thread is for loving!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
It's really funny, I was thinking about this topic last night driving home from an exhausting gig at 3:00am. Even though I was so exhuasted, my throat sore, the rainy ride home, I had an overwhelming feeling of joy, contentment, and an extraordinary feeling of being blessed with this God given talent that I have been bestowed.

It's just a joy to be alive, healthy, have a loving family, close friends, a great job. Your really have to put things in perspective sometimes.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#134931 - 09/02/06 07:27 AM Re: This thread is for loving!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't want this to come out wrong, but sometimes, even after 40 years of entertaining, I really LISTEN to myself on the job, and I'm amazed at the sound I hear. Last night I had a really good setup situation, with the Bose system at the optimum position for both me and the audience to hear. The vocals sounded crisp and clear, with just the right amount of e.q., reverb and enhancement. The keyboard closely approximated the sound of a live band, except much better than most of them around here.
It's such an exciting feeling and I need to remember to stop and appreciate what we get to do, and all the wonderful tools at our disposal.
Today I'll be playing at a fish-fry on Caddo Lake. They will set up a big awning for me and have a large box fan to move the air. I will wear shorts and a big ol' hat. I will play music, eat fish and get paid very well for doing it!
What's not to love?
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online