SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#135834 - 01/07/05 01:54 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
Hi All!
Although my inputs on this forum are very miniscule, I would just like to say that I have learnt immensely just skimming through the various posts here. Also, I personally feel that one mustn't jump to conclusions by merely reading textual matter since it doesn't totally convey the writer's emotion at the time of typing and so we would tend to misjudge an opinion or statement. Particularly in the case of Uncle Dave whom I also had the good fortune of talking to a long time ago when I first bought my PSR-2100. (Remember Uncle Dave?) Just one or two sentences from him and you could feel his warmth and friendly nature. After talking to him, I never could find any bitterness or bite in any of his so called "Sarcastic Statements".
We often tend to assume things that aren't really there and that's OK 'cos we are ultimately human. We shoudn't make such a big fuss about small things. Kiss n make up in 2005. I think one of the most glorious years of my life...
HEY IM GETTING MARRIED TO MY CHILDHOOD SWEETHEART THIS YEAR. IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE YEAR
Lots of luv
Sunny

[This message has been edited by sunster (edited 01-07-2005).]

[This message has been edited by sunster (edited 01-07-2005).]

#135835 - 01/07/05 04:38 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Theodore,

Very well said!!!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#135836 - 01/07/05 05:24 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
So be fake to everyone just to please and fit in.

I don't think you get it. "Fitting in" is something one earns. You give, you get ... it's really pretty simple. Lots of the members here have grown together through many experiences, life changes and career moves. We share these feelings with each other and we feel like we are more than just the sum of the parts of this forum.

From time to time, newcomers (or born-again members) pop in and try to tell us all what we've been missing..... as if we've been living (and posting) under a rock all these years, and just don't know anything about the real world. Well, my friend .... that's just not the case.

This forum has no "A" list.
There is no hierarchy,(except for our Skipper, Nigel !)
and most times, a simple apology is all that's needed to straighten out a misunderstanding. It's kinda like real life.
Sometimes words are harsh.
Sometimes feelings get hurt.
MOST times we all try to share the truth and go WAY out of our way to help each other.

Prom Queens and Quarterbacks aren't the most popular because of what they say ... it's what they DO that people respond to. Sometimes, we live vicariously through the accoplishments of others. It's a way to overcome shyness and learn some self esteem.
If we all had the same thoughts and beliefs, then this forum would be non existant. It is the PEOPLE that make it work, and the way to make people work is by treating each other well.

Sure, my direct approach ruffles feathers sometimes ..... that's unfortunate, but my intent is clearly to offer help. You don't have to agree .... you don't even have to READ my stuff.
One things certain ..... you'll get better responses if you try to offer help without a condesending attitude. Wanna "fit in" ?
Play nice and see how much farther it gets you.

You don't have to hide from us because of past postings. No one cares about what WAS.... at least I don't. If you contribute something valuable to the forum, then you'll be welcomed in with open arms, but if you attack my friends with an elitist attitude or a holier than thou approach ..... I'll be the first (of MANY) to stand in support of my friends.

The choice is yours. Play nice or go home.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 01-07-2005).]

#135837 - 01/07/05 05:30 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by royandreno:
maybe you should take note of why people like S-G returns under other usernames

That's crap and you know it. Someone with the conviction to back up their advice with facts ( as I do )would not have to "hide" when disagreements surface. I post from experience, as do many others. The only thing that really makes me crazy is when advice is given on something that the poster has NO experience with.
We can all "Google" to our heart's delight and post what we read, but PLEASE DON'T !
I know how to read. I want people's opinions and trials. I want to know and share the tricks of this trade.
I want a open, honest communication. Hiding your identity is neither open nor honest.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 01-07-2005).]

#135838 - 01/07/05 05:44 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:

Sure, my direct approach ruffles feathers sometimes ..... that's unfortunate, but my intent is clearly to offer help. You don't have to agree .... you don't even have to READ my stuff.
If you contribute something valuable to the forum, then you'll be welcomed in with open arms, but if you attack my friends with an elitist attitude and a holier than thou approach ..... I'll be the first (of MANY) to stand in support of my friends.

The choice is yours. Play nice or go home.

This attitude is just what I'm talking about, UD.
Who are you to set the rules?
'Play nice or go home', man you have an attitude!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#135839 - 01/07/05 05:54 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
Uncle Dave Offline

Just giving good, solid, tested advice that has been passed down through the ages.
Works on the playground too. Don't you remember being a kid?

#135840 - 01/07/05 06:19 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
royandreno Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Just giving good, solid, tested advice that has been passed down through the ages.
Works on the playground too. Don't you remember being a kid?

Yes I do , and don't get me wrong, I like your frank style! I like honest device and I don't worry too much about the wrapping as long as the content is correct and foundly based!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#135841 - 01/07/05 06:22 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
Uncle Dave Offline

So, we're OK then?
(extends olive branch.....)

#135842 - 01/07/05 07:04 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
royandreno Offline

Of course we are!
I'm off now, playing for 300 people tonight!
Looking forward to that, think I'm gonna leave my Logitechs at home and use my 2700W system instead!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

[This message has been edited by royandreno (edited 01-07-2005).]

#135843 - 01/07/05 08:22 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Personal opinion:

I didn't very much like SynthGuy's written comments. NOT his opinion, which he has a right to voice, (and was techically right)but the way he presented it.
One thing is to not approve of PC speakers used in a professional situation, and another to completely dismiss the experience of at least 5 people here who not only have used them, but also got paid for their performance with them, and they were so happy using them that they raised from the comforts of their sofas, and wrote the story for others to share. Nor calling people that have raised families playing arrangers "artists performing covers, as a second job" is the proper way to address musicians, regardless of anyones' life story or experience, or accomplishments.

Theodore

Very well written and thought out. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Everyone needs to go back and re-read my posts. I never said half the things everyone is claiming. Example: "artists performing covers, as a second job", I NEVER SAID THAT. Someone else did. In fact I have not attacked anyone directly. If you read my responses regarding the Logitech you'll see that on every reply I stated that it was my opinion based on my experiences as a musician that has used all types of gear over the years.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online