Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#135982 - 12/27/03 11:20 PM Re: Korg PA1X Pro - big improvement
hiteshs1 Offline

Loc: Mumbai,Maharashtra,India.
Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
How can you expect to hit the fill button on beat 2 or 3 and expect it to start a beat or 2 earlier on beat1?

Or if you guys are talking about hitting the fill on beat 2 or 3 and having it start on beat 1 of the next measure wouldn't that drive you nuts?

If I hit the fill on beat 1 it starts on beat 1. If I hit the fill on beat 2 it starts at beat 2 and so on and so forth on my i30. I can't believe this is wrong. I can't think of any other way it would work.

Someone help me out here eh?

My Dear Friend,
Here we are talking about from which measure the fill will start not the bate tick.Suppose the fill is say 12 Measure long and variation is 8 measure.Now if i press fill button when variation is on say sixth measure then in case of I-30 it will match the beat tick but the fill will start from the first measure.In Pa-80 it starts sometimes from 6th out of 12 sometimes on 8th..... harddly any time from the first measure.I want to know what is there on PA-1X????????????

Hitesh.

#135983 - 12/28/03 11:33 PM Re: Korg PA1X Pro - big improvement
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Quote:
Suppose the fill is say 12 Measure long and variation is 8 measure.Now if i press fill button when variation is on say sixth measure then in case of I-30 it will match the beat tick but the fill will start from the first measure.In Pa-80 it starts sometimes from 6th out of 12 sometimes on 8th..... harddly any time from the first measure.

Hitesh, If you have a style with 8 measure variation and an 12 measure fill-in, try hitting the fill-in at the 13th measure after starting the variation (that is, in the fifth measure of the variation when it is looping for the second time). I guess the fill-in would start to play from the first measure. As far as I have realized, on PA80, fill-ins and measures all seem to roll together, but only one actully plays on players demand. e.g. If you have 4 measure variation and a 2 measure fill-in, if you hit the fill-in in the first measure or third measure of the variation, the full two measure fill-in will be played. If you hit the fill-in at the second or fourth measure of the variation, only the latter measure of the fill-in will be played.

I normaly don't put anything longer than one measure to PA80 fills, because it becomes almost unpredictable unless you calculate it which is impossible to do while playing. If I need fill-ins which are longer than one measure, I put them in intros.

Quote:
Or if you guys are talking about hitting the fill on beat 2 or 3 and having it start on beat 1 of the next measure wouldn't that drive you nuts?

Boo, this has come handy at least for me sometimes. Suppose your right hand is busy playing something and a chord change is going to occur just when the fill-in starts.
At such time, you can hit the fill-in toward the 4th beat of the previous measure expecting it to start playing from the begining of the next measure and take the left hand off for the chord change.

on PA80, I use fill 1 & 2 for one measure fills that I can get going at any beat I want and intro 1 & 2 for one or multi measure fills that I want start playing from beat 1 of the next measure. End 1 & 2 for intro and end. It's wierd, but it has worked for me pretty well.

Shiral

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online