SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#136378 - 02/28/02 10:43 PM Re: How do 'YOU' play your Arr Keyboard? !
JonPro Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Hi Dave,
To read me you wouldn't think that I am a bit of a fly by the seat. Well I am - except I like to make sure that I've got my belt and braces handy - Oh, and parachute as well
Jon

#136379 - 03/01/02 06:26 AM Re: How do 'YOU' play your Arr Keyboard? !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
All good things.......if you don't mind the extra baggage! I hike with a "light" pack !
(and sometimes, I PAY the price too!)

#136380 - 03/04/02 07:08 AM Re: How do 'YOU' play your Arr Keyboard? !
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
I use the User Program feature a lot on my VA-7. Since I'm not very good yet on creating my own specific styles for certain songs, and no one seems to have them for sale for the specific songs, I combine a lot and store it in a slot. When I want to play a song, I touch the program and everything is done. I just need to keep track of which voices I use along the song. And I can use up to 8 variations per style. This entire thing goes well most of the time.

The only problem is, that the navigation of the VA-7 is quite irritating to use when something is going wrong. I always defended that a bit, but now I'm with you who did not like it. I hope the navigation on the follow-up version is much better with tons of buttons.

Sander

#136381 - 03/04/02 09:57 AM Re: How do 'YOU' play your Arr Keyboard? !
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Scottyee:
Regarding registrations, here's the way I see it. Picture a scenario, Frank Sinatra in Vegas on stage, ready to "belt" his opening number. A full house is eagerly waiting for his first vocal note. Oh, but WAIT!, he ain't quite ready yet! he still has to tell the band what instruments he is going to use for the song, then of course he's got to tell every musician how loud each instrument is going to sound and, let's not forget when to come in and how fast?....hmmm...the croud seem to be getting impatient....Frank is getting upset because one of the members of the band didn't quite understand his instructions.. oh sh..t! the poor musician is fired on the spot! Frank is mad! ..it's so quiet, you can hear a pin drop!...a few coughs are heard in the crowd in fact, they've started to leave and now they are boooing Frankie, o0h NOoo!.
Of course, this never happened in real life,(that we know of) it's all but a bad dream. Well, my dear friends, I've had this bad dream many times thinking of being on stage w/o "my" Registrations . It's no different than the picture I just painted; unless you are there to improvise or play jazz; my energy for performing comes from having the confidence that the "Band" knows what the "heck" they are doing before I can show the audience what I can do. I have enough to worry about with my own playing and singing without having to worry about anything else. (UncleDave, do you still like me? are we still "on" for lunch?)
In regard to the method; is also rather simple. At home I spend enough time setting up each song with its own style, key, tempo, OTS, volume, balance, MPs, octave, etc..I probably spend anywhere from 1/2hr to 1hr. on each number before I am satisfied (I coudn't(would not)do it on stage) then I save it as an individual registration with the name of the song, (I only use one registration for each song since I use the MFC10 and OTSs for plenty of variations and changes within each song), this way I get 8 different songs to each bank for a total of 512 different songs(plenty, don't you think?) and when I run out of space in the flashrom I can go to the hard disk on my 9000pro (sorry PSR2000 owners)for an "infinite" amount of registrations. Simple huh!
love you all,
Mario

#136382 - 03/04/02 10:16 AM Re: How do 'YOU' play your Arr Keyboard? !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mario...
I am with you all the way to saving the regs onboard. Why not just load to floppy. Its just as fast..you can have more registrations per song and you are not limited to 512.

Eddie

[This message has been edited by Bsharp (edited 03-04-2002).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online