SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#137124 - 10/03/06 04:03 AM Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
this guy i think does it for real!
also, if you watched the eurovision contest this year, there was the romanian guy, with "tornero" song, mihai treistariu is his name, that can sing such high notes too..... these people are incredible.
but i also can whistle!

#137125 - 10/03/06 04:31 AM Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Not even close to real. Sounds very synthy to me and the video does not match the vocal on the "money shot" notes.

#137126 - 10/03/06 05:47 AM Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?
Dnj Offline

Hmmmmmm?

I need to see & hear more of this guy to be sure.....I love the hooded musicians nice touch!!

#137127 - 10/03/06 06:04 AM Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
It does not look real, the timing is off. But it's internet video, so...

But I cannot imagine this being faked, seeing as how it's with an orchestra. They don't fake things do they?

It makes me wonder what the song is about... musicians with hoods on their head.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#137128 - 10/03/06 07:42 AM Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
It does not look real, the timing is off. But it's internet video, so...

But I cannot imagine this being faked, seeing as how it's with an orchestra. They don't fake things do they?

It makes me wonder what the song is about... musicians with hoods on their head.

If this is real, it's amazing .... but why fake it?!?!?

I would like to have a translation also .....

t.

#137129 - 10/03/06 10:15 AM Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Now I've seen the video, the audio sounds like a studio track rather than the live musicians even though the video itself looks like a legit performance. Certainly the vocal is a bit processed, but it doesn't sound sufficiently artificial to make me think its been radically pitch shifted. There are certainly people out there who can hit those notes for real, and so this guy could well be on the level.

Does anyone know who it is and give us some background?

#137130 - 10/03/06 12:00 PM Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
No fake at all I think.
Most well trained (opera) man's voices can get this high, but there are not that many musical pieces making use of it.

It slightly get's out of sync, which is most likely caused by the video on tape , while the sound was recorded through the mixtable, directly on a digital device.
Within 15 minutes of music, tape usually is approx 2 secs off...if you want to sync the digital music track from the same recording.

#137131 - 10/03/06 02:43 PM Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by MacAllcock:

Does anyone know who it is and give us some background?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitas
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Vitas
http://shop-longer.blogspot.com/2006/04/vitas-do-you-know-him.html + VIDEO

#137132 - 10/03/06 03:32 PM Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
I don't think it's a fake. It's a well trained voice using his natural abilities with falsetto (not everyone can do it - I wish I could). Of course, the reverb is boosted pretty thickly on the swoops and on the high register parts of the song.

He's a counter-tenor. For further interest, here's a link.
http://www.countertenor.demon.co.uk/ct/cttechnique.html

#137133 - 10/03/06 04:22 PM Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Yikes! Reading about counter tenor and found The Castrati .

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online