SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#138493 - 10/10/03 08:44 PM Re: traveling by airplane-any advice?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran,

The only time I ever had to do this, the keyboard arrived the day before I arrived, and in perfect condition. It also made it back home in one piece, no dings, not even a small dent in the box. Still, it was insured for full, retail value and the cost of insurance was not at all expensive.

Donny, in 1956 I enlisted in the U.S. Navy, which we then referred to as the worlds largest canoe club.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#138494 - 10/10/03 08:53 PM Re: traveling by airplane-any advice?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
in 1956 I was 13 and spending a lot of time in the bathroom reading magazines.
DonM

#138495 - 10/10/03 09:58 PM Re: traveling by airplane-any advice?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I was waiting for my first birthday. Those were the days, huh?

#138496 - 10/10/03 10:24 PM Re: traveling by airplane-any advice?
The Accordionist Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
To Accordionist ...... where are you located? ...
t.

I'm in Southern California, Tony.

#138497 - 10/11/03 09:07 AM Re: traveling by airplane-any advice?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I just have to say that in 1956 I was 15. And believe it or not about a year later I was playing in the hottest nightclub on the Westbank of the Mississippi River in Jefferson Parish just outside of New Orleans.
No pictured ID's then. I had my uncle's draft card and played for (the godfather) Carlos Marcello's brother Pascal Marcello in the Joy Lounge. It was really an experience at 16.

In those days it was all Fats Domino. Plenty of sax solos to learn off 45 records. I moved the needle so much I ruined many 45s.

Around that time 1957 we came home on a 65 mile trip in a 1955 Chevy with 5 band members. We had a roof carrier full of drums amps etc and the trunk was full also. We picked up two hich hikers who rode in the trunk holding my Selmer MarkVI tenor out resting on the bumper. Today if that sax wouldn't have gotten stolen it'd be worth 6 or 7 times what I paid for it brand new.

Don and Fran you guy's are really old too. Tell us an old story of yours. I new Don was old. But Fran are you really older than me. I thought I was the senior here. Ha Ha

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online