SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#138889 - 11/13/06 06:03 AM Re: How many of us develop our own styles?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Years ago, when creating a style meant just one intro, one ending, two variations and one fill, I made a half-dozen styles. They were plain, no frills, and worked just fine. However, there are now thousands upon thousands of great conversions available for Yamaha keyboards, some of which sound better than the orriginals, styles that for most members would be nearly impossible to create from scratch. The keyboard's onboard software now makes modifying these styles a cinch, and there are numerous individuals that have provided us with some incredible examples of this during the past few years. You'll find many of them at www.psrtutorial.com , http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php and http://www.svpworld.com/forum/songs.asp .

The secret to making them sound good in your keyboard is taking the time to tune them to your specifications using the keyboard's software. This takes time, and as posted above, there is a learning curve. It's not something you'll master in an hour and become an instant expert--it takes a fair amount of work.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#138890 - 11/14/06 06:03 PM Re: How many of us develop our own styles?
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
I make styles for most of the songs I play and most of them are song-specific.

I normally first make a template on the keyboard (PA80), save the style, covert to midi files with style to MIDI converter on the computer, and edit them using Cakewalk and/or XGWorks. I use 'Rhythm & Chords' to program guitar parts.

Since song specific most of the time, I don't need two intros and two endings. So, I notmally use end1 as intro and end2 as end. Then use intro1 and intro2 for fill-ins that are triggered at the first beat of the next measure and fill-in1 and fill-in2 for fill-ins that I need to jump into in the middle of the measure. Additional fill-ins --if needed-- are made and triggered using chord variations.

Shiral

#138891 - 11/18/06 11:10 AM Re: How many of us develop our own styles?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello All
Found this site about Style Creation, it is mainly designed for Yamaha but most of it can be used with all instruments, or when the new Open Art Arranger is released Wersi owners will probably be able to follow it 100%.
Hope you find it interesting and inspiring.

Bill
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/Style_1.htm

BTW More pictures of the Open Art Arranger can be found here.
http://www.interlight.be/wersi/index.htm

#138892 - 11/18/06 05:48 PM Re: How many of us develop our own styles?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bill,
Jorgen's site is really amazing. Bet you can't wait till your wersi is able to use the Yamaha styles directly ( without going thru conversion process)

It appears that neither Wersi nor Mediastation is an option for me ( here in Aust. short of maybe trying to import one directly) , I'm back to OMB software & psr .sty format.

Picked up an SD2 soundmodule, be fascinating to see if I can convert some of my sd1+ styles across to OMB/SD2 format.
I found SD1 styles are a problem to convert because of drum 2 " Live Drums", it appears sd2 has these.
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by abacus:
[B]Hello All

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online