SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Topic Options
#140568 - 10/11/03 10:14 PM I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
This psr2100 is such a chore to play. I keep reaching for notes that SHOULD be there and finding the cracks instead. When I play bass lines (as I did all night tonight with a live drummer)I can't be watching my hands - I have people to watch. I guess if you trigger chords you can adjust, but I need to play full sized keys again. I'm so disapointed. I need STANDARD keys please !!!!
Looks like I need to sell/trade Tyros and a 2100. Now...what the heck will I get instead? Anyone want to swap a kn7k for the Tyros?

#140569 - 10/11/03 10:48 PM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Sesom163 Offline

why dont you buy a controller?

#140570 - 10/11/03 11:21 PM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
He's got a point Dave. You can buy a 61 Key Controller that will have your required full size Keys and their not that expensive. Then get a 2 or three tier Keyboard Stand and you're in like Flint. Or are we just confusing you with the facts. Make sure your Controller has "2" sets of Midi In's/Out's so if you do use that "3" tier Keyboard Stand you'll be able to control both the Ty and PSR 2100 together.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 10-11-2003).]

#140571 - 10/12/03 06:55 AM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Uncle Dave Offline

Extra baggage? Naw....
There is no need in my world to carry an extra keyboard just for keys. I need an all in one unit that has sounds, rhythms and speakers. The 2100 is not "so great" that I need to use it with something else...in fact the ONLY reason that I bought it it because it's "ok" enough to use alone.
My stack days are WAY over. One kb, one stand .... boom. Ready to play.

As for the saying "in like flint".....
I was always under the impression that is was a reference to Eroll Flynn.....
who died IN the throws of passion. So, is it
"In like Flynn" .... or " In like Flint" ??
Hmmmmmmm ......... Anyone know for sure?

#140572 - 10/12/03 07:24 AM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Naw! He was talking about Harvey Flint, who at age 108 was shot in the back of the head by an irate husband of a 19-year old nympho, while trying to escape from a second story bedroom window!

As for keys, maybe you just need skinny fingers. I don't think that utopian keyboard really exists yet. In fact, I suspect that you'll probably have to build it from scratch to get exactly what you want--the keys of a KN7000, the OS of the Tyros and all those voices, plus speakers. Yep, you're gonna' have to build it from scratch.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#140573 - 10/12/03 07:48 AM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Dnj Offline

I hope the new KORG 61 note w/speakers PAX comes soon ...Dave neds a new Toy FAST!!

#140574 - 10/12/03 07:58 AM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Clif Anderson Offline

I don't know what UD was responding to, but the Movie was "In Like Flint" as in the following review excerpt.

1965's Our Man Flint introduced the world to superspy Derek Flint, the man so smooth he made James Bond look like a hillbilly. Art connoisseur, karate expert, scientist, ladies' man and master of disguise, Flint was Bond to the nth degree. Flint worked for ZOWIE, a supersecret agency where he seemed to be the only secret agent on the payroll. Of course, when you have Flint, you don't really need anyone else. The sequel "In Like Flint," revealed men's fears of both beauty parlors and world domination by women, leaving us to wonder if someone had turned our secret meeting's minutes into a screenplay.

#140575 - 10/12/03 08:51 AM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I don't think that utopian keyboard really exists yet.

Who's talking utopia? I just want the NORMAL, STANDARD piano keys that PIANO players learned to play on. Sheesh .... is that too much to ask from a manufacturer? Make 'em the RIGHT size.

#140576 - 10/12/03 09:38 AM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Dave, I AGREE!!! I even think you should start threads on SVPForum and the PSR Tutorial Forum. Maybe someone from Yamaha will see and react. If I want a mini keyboard, I can buy one. FULL SIZE KEYS ON ALL FULL SIZE KEYBOARDS !!!

#140577 - 10/12/03 10:04 AM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Dnj Offline

What is the acual size difference between the baby keys and the pro keys?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online