SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#140608 - 10/13/03 02:52 PM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Aw forget it! This one has already went way too far. I'm going to take a couple aspirins, open a fresh bottle of Kickapoo Joy Juice and turn on the news.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#140609 - 10/13/03 03:29 PM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Scott,
I hardly ever played right hand auto acc, even when it WAS available. If I am playing bass.....the only other thing I need is piano and drums. The arranger is used from the left hand when I need it.
The only reason for the switch was economics. These are the popular, new models and I know I can sell them if people see me using them. The PA80 is 2 years old already, and has an upgraded unit on the table .... wouldn't YOU trade it for a Tyros?

#140610 - 10/13/03 03:48 PM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi all,
I'm glad I don't play well enough for the small differance in key size to bother me.
In fact I did not notice the key size at all untill your post. I play a PSR 2100 stacked over a Roland VK7 and a Yamaha SY85 on my right hand side. I have no problem with key size at all. That may be from years of playing guitar and mandolin, each having a different scale neck and differant tunings. At 65 I don't think i'll let it bother me now. Just how I see it.
Have a good all, Smokey

#140611 - 10/13/03 03:56 PM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Donny and Dave and all - a little late, but better than not. I have an autographed copy of Felix Cavalieri's LIVE CD. I even got to talk with him for a few minutes the summer of 2002. What a thrill.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-13-2003).]

#140612 - 10/13/03 04:48 PM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Yes,

Same size

Quote:
Originally posted by sk880user:
Steve,

What about Motif-es 61keys? Does it have the same size keys as the Tyros?

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#140613 - 10/13/03 04:56 PM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
hi steve,it,s nice to know you are here ,yamaha seem to be stubborn on this key size issue, and i think the reason is,that yamaha target the younger player, early teens(smaller hands),yamaha are the market leaders,what i don,t understand is why do they produce so many models ,mike

Mike,
It's not that Yamaha is stubborn. We continue with what works (If it ain't broke..., don't fix it). Along the same lines, our product offerings are based on what sells(based on what our customers bought last year).

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America
YCASupport@yamaha.com

[This message has been edited by YamahaUS1 (edited 10-13-2003).]

#140614 - 10/13/03 05:18 PM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to answer this question. I have owned several Yamaha keyboards over the years. The last one, which I still have, is PSR740.

Unlike many people here, I never trade or sell my keyboards. I keep using them until they die.

#140615 - 10/13/03 05:32 PM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
After researching the Key size of various Keyboards further I found some interesting things out. The Korg Triton Studio's apparently have gone back to the same size Keys as most of Yamaha's are. The Korg Triton Classic has the slightly larger Keys and also of note is that the Triton Le series has the slightly larger Key size. It makes a person wonder why Korg decided to put smaller Keys on the Studios. As I've stated before the Korg PA80 has the 'larger' Key size and when I played it it really felt better, ie., "more room to lay the chops down" which translates into ease of use, better flow and easier chord progression and melody notes without worrying so much as to where the fingers will land and of course lessening the possibility of possible clams especially when fingering within the black Key area. It's too bad that with Yamaha you have to buy an 88 note Keyboard to get the benefit of the larger Key size. Their 88 note Graded Hammer Action Keyboards have the larger Key size as compared to the Motif ES7, Tyros, PSR 9000Pro, etc. Korg makes the larger size Keys in Keyboards other than their 88 note Keyboards, eg., Korg PA80, etc. I'm still befuddled as to why they decided on the smaller Key size for the Triton Studio. As I've mentioned before; were not talking Ivory here. If Yamaha or Korg would give the larger size Keys in "ALL" of their Keyboards -(even if they have to charge a little more because of Manufacturing costs) I believe the overwhelming majority of Keyboard players would thank them profusely and their volume of sales would increase IMO. Certain Keyboardist's will shy away from purchasing Keyboards with the smaller size Keys even if the Keyboard is a top of the line product and has won numerous accolades from the Music Media. So Yamaha and Korg "and all the rest of them" could gain from it if they make the Key size a 'true' full size Key, ie., like the Korg PA80 has. Which will translate into - (no more Keyboardist's shying away from the Brand that has the smaller Keys), because they will ALL have the larger Key size. > Don't I wish.

PS: I think Yamaha is subconsiously doing it because they're thinking of our health. Just think about it - slim fingers translates into a 'slim' body, ie., physically fit "lean mass" - no obesity and no fat fingers. So their probably doing us a favor by keeping the Keys smaller so it makes us Yamaha Keyboard owners more health consious and helps to limit our calorie intake because if we don't we would get fat fingers and if the fingers are fat more than likely everything else is too; and if our fingers are fat we wouldn't be able to play our beloved Yamaha Keyboards as accurately as we ought to. That's it! They're really thinking about our health. That's why the Keys are smaller!

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 10-13-2003).]

#140616 - 10/14/03 05:28 AM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Bluebird Offline

It is as simple as this:
Yamaha make smaller keys.
Why? Why???
Steve don't give reasons for it. He only say: "Yamaha has been making these keys all life".
Well, but WHYYYYYY?
If smaller keys have some advantages, why Yamaha make pianos with normal, nor small, keys?. It is a contradiction, IMHO.
If smaller keys have advantages, why other manufacturers don't make smaller keys?
I think to make a lot of keyboards for children is not a reason. Panasonic, Roland, Casio make too cheaper keyboards for children, and have normal keys.

[This message has been edited by Bluebird (edited 10-14-2003).]

#140617 - 10/14/03 06:10 AM Re: I'm sick of these BABY key s already !
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

I have this sinking feeling that when it comes to UD, DNJ and Fran we are into buying low and selling high. It is for this very reason we need Robin Hood.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online