Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#150552 - 11/09/06 12:46 AM Re: Check out Italian Grand VST demos
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ahhhhhhhhhh so Im not alone in my thinking....maybe tooooo much techie stuff much is a good & a bad thing? I'm not trying to be negative but on the other hand do most people in the audience really care ?
I hope I'm wrong.......I feel until they really incorporate this VST into a SUPER EASY way to use it there will be allot of resistance to embracing in the mainstream Arranger KB world!!!

Some VST's are very well integrated into the host system. For example... The Native Instruments B4 running in both the Wersi and Lionstracs is so simple all you do is press the Organ button and choose the presets you want to play. There's no difference from any other arranger except the sound its producing is far superior.

Other VST's aren't as easy to use because they've not yet been integrated directly for the host. Still its by no means difficult to use and the sound advantages are quite significant.

Using an Open Ended keyboard is different from the likes of the Tyros, GEM, Roland, etc. Systems like the Wersi and Lionstracs offer so many features that if one chooses it can be as simple or as deep as they require. It all depends on the end user.

What's holding most people back from buying these types of systems isn't the complexity, its the cost. Yes, they do cost more initially but in the long run it will cost you less. Think about it, in a year or two you simply load in new software and have a new instrument, you don't have to sell your outdated keyboard for the next new model.

#150553 - 11/09/06 01:13 AM Re: Check out Italian Grand VST demos
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I am afraid that the price penalty in using Wersi or Mediastation to trigger VST's is what is primarily keeping me away from them. I thought my G70 and the T2 were expensive enough, but here are instruments that easily double or triple that financial burden. Add to that the virtual impossibility of affording a spare if these rare instruments go bad on you (Wersi is a proven road-horse, but only time will tell if Mediastation's build quality is up to the price they ask) and you are seriously jeopardizing your career if you put your gig in their hands.

Essentially, you are paying 8-10 grand for something that a good laptop can do in conjunction with the arranger you already have, and gambling that technology doesn't leapfrog it before it has payed it's way.

I use VST's extensively for studio work (I would rather use Ivory than the studio's Steinway where I work at!), but I think that I may have another two or three year's wait before the all software keyboard isn't a 'work in progress' and finally lives up to the promise we all know it holds.

You'd be hard pressed to build a laptop along with an arranger that would be as well integrated and easy to control and use as a dedicated system like the Wersi, Lionstracs, or Korg Oasys. Wersi has a major advantage over both Korg and Lionstracs because they've been building OAS instruments for so long their software, interface, and control surface is top notch. Korg's Oasys isn't very open ended which limits what you can do with it but the system does run quite well. Lionstracs has made considerable strides over the past few months but much of that was necessary because the Mediastation wasn't quite on par with the Wersi or Korg operationally. Sonically all three are fantastic and they are the pinnacle of what is available right now. The Korg Oasys is the only keyboard I've seen whose build quality can compete with Wersi. Wersi builds their keyboards like tanks and it shows. If weight is of concern to you, a Wersi is not something to consider.

#150554 - 11/09/06 03:42 AM Re: Check out Italian Grand VST demos
to the genesys Offline

One thing I don’t understand is why do people think that having a software keyboard arranger is the future and not now?

The point of an open system as opposed to a closed one is that with an open system, it is just that, open. It is not closed for implementing new and ground-breaking features and technologies.

I think another factor that is preventing people from getting one of these open system keyboards, is that they still have the close keyboard mentality. The close system philosophy is once the keyboard is available for sale, then nothing else should be done to enhance the keyboard. Any enhancement or changes would make the user thing that the product they got was incomplete and should not have been released.

With an open system it is the opposite. It is always open for upgrades and changes. So when these open system keyboard manufacturers keep putting out major (not minor) software upgrades and features, persons who are still back in the closed system mentality view that as the initial product being incomplete and in its embryonic stage. When in fact it is the normal M O for the open system keyboards. The possibilities with them are never closed always open for upgrades.

#150555 - 11/09/06 04:30 AM Re: Check out Italian Grand VST demos
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Good reply Genesy
I think slow slow people can start to understand and open the view..

With a Open system keyboard, the product will be NEVER complete but in continue software development.
Of course you there can wait untill the OS is complete of all, but after some monts we will continue offer a new features.

look the story os Microsoft:
start from Dos, then Windows 3.0, then win NT, win 2000, win 2000 professional, now the Xp and they continue developing and Continue fix the Windows BUGS too.

Maybe they will be ready in january with the Windows Vista? http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.aspx

What is mean that till now they sold us one BAd OS full of bugs only?
And why then you have anyway buy it?
Was not better waiting the Windows Vista first and then buy one pc?

And then you think when you buy the Vista the OS will be stable? sure that the first release are not beta?
The story will continue......T3...T4...T5!!!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online