SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17342 - 08/09/99 01:32 PM M1, M1r & M3r
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a M1 that I purchased new. Due to space constraints, I need to move to a midi controller. What are the differences (functional, storage, processor) between the M1r and the M3r? I already have PCM and memory cards for the M1. The Combinations are of the greatest importance to me. I don't use the sequencer. There is quite a difference in price between the M1r and M3r. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

#17343 - 08/15/99 02:36 AM Re: M1, M1r & M3r
drfuzz Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
Don't know about the differences between M1 and M1R - I just got an M1R, and don't have an M1. I think it's just the keyboard... the manual is apparently for both. The M3R is a different, but very similar, creature. Somewhat of a stripped down M1R, but slightly different as well. The combi's/programs don't work between the 2, although the M3R uses the same PCM cards. Sonically pretty similar, though.

#17344 - 08/20/99 12:32 AM Re: M1, M1r & M3r
Ward Music Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
The greatest difference between the M1 and the M3R is that the M3R uses only one Multisound for each of its programs. The M1 can use two.

In addition, the M3R is played almost exclusively in Combination mode, as this is the only mode that stores setting for the effects section of the module, thus creating a complete 'patch'.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online