Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#174992 - 06/21/06 07:04 PM Re: Leroy Brown .......Live Mp3 on the Tyros 2
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Donny,

great song got me going here...
Great machine too.
I should get one of these; but wait I've gotten one already....
Oh my I'm in heaven.

Thanks for sharing.

Great job

Eric

#174993 - 06/22/06 03:43 PM Re: Leroy Brown .......Live Mp3 on the Tyros 2
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Donny, nice job on what had been one of my favorites to perform back in the old days. You've inspired me to fire it up again... fun song. Thanks...

Glenn

#174994 - 06/22/06 03:59 PM Re: Leroy Brown .......Live Mp3 on the Tyros 2
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Right On... I might even say GROOVY MAN !

Great job. I like that you recorded that off the cuff. Thats the way to do it. RAW!

Thanks for sharin'

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#174995 - 06/22/06 04:36 PM Re: Leroy Brown .......Live Mp3 on the Tyros 2
trtjazz Offline

Donny

Very good rendition.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.artisans-world.com/

#174996 - 06/22/06 08:30 PM Re: Leroy Brown .......Live Mp3 on the Tyros 2
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Hi Donny

I liked it mucho! First thing I noticed about this fun high energy version of yours is the level of your vocal is perfect in comparison to the rest of the music. You sounded like a part of a band, rather than having the vocals stick out above the band which is what I generally hear lead singers do, as well as instrumentalists, which is easy to do and not realize it. I know, as a lead trumpet soloist, it was hard not to want to overpower everything else. But, you got the handle on that angle.

The other thing I really appreciated while listening is, again comparing your voice to trumpet playing, is you have excellent breath support, that is also the number one thing with a wind instrument as with singing. You really, really fill up those lungs and support from the diaphragm. No wonder you have such a full sounding voice with right on intonation.

Keep 'em coming.

Scott

Scott.....thanks for the listen and the kudos I really appreciate that coming from a great musician like yourself. As a singer breath control is crucial, as is singing in the highest key possible without breaking....this will add power to your vocals..I will certainly record more songs when I have the time between gigs also...
T2 makes it a piece of cake!

Stay well

Donny

#174997 - 06/22/06 08:32 PM Re: Leroy Brown .......Live Mp3 on the Tyros 2
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
Hi Donny,

great song got me going here...
Great machine too.
I should get one of these; but wait I've gotten one already....
Oh my I'm in heaven.

Thanks for sharing.

Great job

Eric

Eric..Thank you my friend.....yes the T2 is a wonderful instrument in so many ways.....recording in one shot this time was so easy! ...once you get it setup you certainly will be in arranger heaven

l8tr

Donny

#174998 - 06/22/06 08:41 PM Re: Leroy Brown .......Live Mp3 on the Tyros 2
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TwoNuts:
Right On... I might even say GROOVY MAN !

Great job. I like that you recorded that off the cuff. Thats the way to do it. RAW!

Thanks for sharin'

Dennis

Hi Dennis.....Much appreciated........
I usualy record multitrack as to give me more concentration on my vocals ......but I promised Scott Yee I would do a one shot off the cuff song for him this time around......

#174999 - 06/22/06 08:49 PM Re: Leroy Brown .......Live Mp3 on the Tyros 2
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Donny

Very good rendition.
Terry

Terry......thanx man......hope to Hear more of your work also!

#175000 - 06/22/06 08:51 PM Re: Leroy Brown .......Live Mp3 on the Tyros 2
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
Donny, nice job on what had been one of my favorites to perform back in the old days. You've inspired me to fire it up again... fun song. Thanks...

Glenn

Glenn........thanx....Go for it baby...I'd love to hear some of yur work soon also !!

#175001 - 06/23/06 01:56 AM Re: Leroy Brown .......Live Mp3 on the Tyros 2
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Terry......thanx man......hope to Hear more of your work also!

Donny,

I did post one recently and after 2 weeks of no response at all, I finally pulled it down. It was a new vocal piece, classical guitar for my current 101st cd.

I have come to accept that my work is not well received here, because it's different from the covers that the majority of you are doing here.

I get it though, that's the purpose of this forum really and there are others more suited to my work.

I do enjoy hearing what you guys are all doing though and some of the outstanding renditions that some of you are coming up with and your skills at your selected work.

From my first post on a music forum, seems like 100 years ago, it's always been about the music and the sharing and acceptance of each other's work for encouragement and help. It does not necessarily follow that we have to like all that we hear nor that it cannot be improved upon, it's just accepting that other artists are putting their best effort forward at any given moment in time.

If it needs work IMO, how can I help them get better through constructive criticism, without being offensive and breaking their spirit. After all, it's just my opinion and does not make it a FACT.

For me, after having done covers all through out the 60's and 70's from the folk clubs and college circuit in Chicago, to playing Vibes in a latin Jazz band in clubs on the west coast in the 80's, I finally wanted to work strictly on creating a body of original work to leave behind. Something that said I was here and what I left behind to the arts.

Does not make it better or worse than anyone else's just what I have chosen to concentrate my artistic efforts on.

Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.artisans-world.com/

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online