Cheers
Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 06-28-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 06-28-2006).]

#181828 - 06/28/06 03:38 AM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Ray,

I really enjoyed your performance of "La Playa". Thank you and I hope to hear more. Keep them coming.

Taike

#181829 - 06/28/06 03:56 AM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Here's a vocal (non-english) recording of "La Playa". Click on the headphone underneath the first picture.
http://www.ajdapekkan.net/lyrics.php3?song=055

#181830 - 06/28/06 07:25 AM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Very nice relaxed piece of music played with plenty of feeling

#181831 - 06/28/06 02:03 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
I first listened to La Playa. Very nice song and nicely played. Tyros2 makes that guitar very real, but of course you must make use of it with your playing - and you did that very convincing.
Besame Mucho is "much" in the same order, but I know this tune with a bit more interesting chords than you are using. Maybe you should experiment a little.....

#181832 - 06/28/06 05:32 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
rbmusic Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD.,USA
Once again thanks to all of you who listened to my music and your kind remarks.

To Nick G the style I used on Besame Mucho was the guitar rumba at 104bpm.

To drdalet could you share with us your version of Besame Mucho with those intersting chords. I certainly would like to use more colorful chords but the only music I had for the song was from an easy play book. If you have real book type chords for this could you post them for all of us to experiment with.

#181833 - 06/29/06 02:29 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by rbmusic:

To drdalet could you share with us your version of Besame Mucho with those intersting chords. I certainly would like to use more colorful chords but the only music I had for the song was from an easy play book. If you have real book type chords for this could you post them for all of us to experiment with.

I used to play it on my accordeon, so I tried to do it on the PSR3000. It tried some different chords, I recorded it and edited a little and here is the link:
http://www.hercodeboer.nl/mp3/Besame_sketch.mp3

Only after I recorded it I noticed that I play it in a different key than you do.
Mind you, it's just a sketch.... and my guitar isn't half as nice as yours too ;-)
I also put in a trumpet bit with some other chords.
On two points in the music you hear the bass a bit loud. I don't understand why that is (it happens when I play a DM7b5 coming from Fm7: es-f-as-c > d-f-bes-c)

Some of the chords are tricky, because of the way the PSR interprets the chords, so I sometimes had to do it in a strange way. To emphasize certain notes in the chord, one also needs pick the right style - not all styles or variation sounds alright.
I didn't write down the chords yet, but I could explain what I am doing, but it being a bit late now, I go to bed. If you are interested I'll let you know tomorrow.
drdalet

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online